All reviews coach trip snooker room tea and coffee bit dated enjoyable stay bed and breakfast north devon evening entertainment fantastic views
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Shabby rooms. Poor plumbing in bathrooms. Mixer taps that dont work resulting in no cold water coming through nearly scolding my son. Headboard hanging off the wall. Tv has audio descriptive spoiling any film or pragramne u wanted to watch. Swimming pool ok but broken floor tiles in male changing room. I cut my toe on the pool exit rail. Had to move room. Because of bad issues. I could go on . But to sum up my week with my son there was just upsetting. No issue was dealt with. Only a reply of " il let maintence know" ive emailed them since and no response. The manager never spoke to me as I was promised when I was there.ignorant and not caring attitude in a shabby bad hotel. Id never recommended this dump to anway.
Chris oloughlin birmingham

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank chris o
Reviewed 3 September 2017

A bit dated and in need of a revamp but, for the money, it was ok. Rooms were clean; bed-linen and towels clean and fresh. Friendly staff. All in all a decent base for a break in Woolacombe and only 5 minute walk to front.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sb6ugs
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This is by no means a bad review but I have to be honest. Yes this hotel is very dated and a little shabby BUT it's not dirty and the linens were fresh and clean. The breakfasts were lovely and the staff welcoming, friendly and attentive. It has an indoor pool which also needs updating but it was pleasant to be able to use it. As a base to explore the local area it is ideally situated. A short walk, albeit up and down a steep hill, to the local restaurants and beach and if you're brave (much steeper hill) the next village of Morte hoe has a lovely pub/restaurant. Everywhere is totally child and dog friendly, even the bars and restaurants.
If you like modern, luxury hotels then book elsewhere, if you are just looking for a place for a few days and you are down to earth about it then this fits the bill. We stayed for 5 days, we walked over the downs in every direction, went to the beach, ate and drank in the local restaurants and had an absolutely brilliant time.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

DON'T EVER go to this hotel. The photos on line are deceiving, it's falling apart! The balcony is a death trap, the curtains are falling off and shredded in parts, there was a chunk missing from the wall in our room which was decorated in the 1950's with pale pink flowery wallpaper, turquoise, green and brown patterned carpet and purple and blue curtains! Like something from a horror film. The patio door didn't close or lock so our room wasn't safe as neighbours could get over the low wall between balconies. The corridors had silver tape holding down carpet and leek stains all on the ceilings. Our bathroom taps made an awful noise when used, the shower was either freezing or scolding hot, no in between. The doors are so thin you can hear other guests in the corridors all night long and the wifi only works in reception. The staff do not care at all if you have a problem as I witnessed several other guests at reception complaining, the receptionists answer was simply "we've done all we can to help you" when a lady in front of me was complaining about water coming through the bedroom ceiling from the room above!! Totally shocking.
We were booked in for 4 nights but stayed 1 night, couldn't wait to get out of there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cruiser607835
Reviewed 30 August 2017

its a bit pointless reviewing this hotel as it shuts in Sept for a complete upmarket referb,no more coaches,that really made us feel welcome on a coach trip,it would have been a nice hotel 20 years ago but now its tatty,nice pool the food was good we even had our Christmas dinner,most of the staff where friendly,nice views,only a few channels on telly entertainment most nights,very hot water,loads of cupboard space,the wifi didn,t work and there was no phone reception,its ok for disabled

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family