All reviews the barn lavender room scrambled eggs perfect hosts attending a wedding both mornings breakfast was amazing weekend stay breakfast is served wonderful stay lyme regis local area full english thank you so much other guests comfortable bed enjoyed our stay
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We booked Rose Farm for a two night stay while we visited the area for some fossil hunting with my 12 year old son.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Richard who helped us parked up safely while Rosa showed us around our suite. A huge bed awaited us along with a very high quality sofa bed for my son. The furniture was all of a very good standard and the bed was so comfy it would not have been out of place in The Savoy.

There was a nice size bathroom with big bathtub and piping hot water. The towels and soaps were all good quality too. We also had a separate, fully equipped kitchen which is very rare in a B&B these days.

The breakfast was freshly cooked in the main house and Richard & Rosa are lovely hosts. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they are constantly checking everything is ok. Richard even took the time to show my son some of the fossils he has acquired over the years and Rosa has a wonderful knowledge of anything local.

If you like a charming B&B with owners that truly care about providing you with an enjoyable stay then this is the place for you.

We found Rose Farm to be perfect and the hosts wonderful. This place is a must when staying in the area and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We had mistakenly booked the Apple Loft and found that it was a caravan with an outside toilet across a yard. We were surprised as the booking site said that all rooms were en-suite and did not mention the caravan in the text we saw. However, it was evening and there was no alternative, so we decided to stay and hope for good weather overnight. Unfortunately it began to rain during the evening when we were out and when we arrived back at the B&B at 9.15 we found a plastic bucket and took it into the caravan in case of rain during the night preventing our crossing the yard for the loo. Rosa noticed us doing this and came to ask why we had picked up the bucket. When we tried to explain she lost her temper, saying she thought we were going to be trouble, then shouting at us to "get out now..you are not staying here...go! go!..you are not going to pee in my place..." and much more of a derogatory nature! We left the farm at 9.20 on a Sunday evening with no alternative but to sleep in our car!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan W
RichardGriffith, Owner at Rose Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Alan Wriglet,

As soon as you arrived, you very dissatisfied with the room you had booked because it is actually a shephards hut in the garden, Apple loft does not exist. You said that the booking website did not show any pictures of it, yet booking.com clearly state “Mobile Home” and also has 25 pictures of the Apple Wagon.

2. You complained bitterly at the outset that there were not en-suite facilities; nowhere in the description does it state “en-suite” bathroom facilities. I showed you the outside dedicated toilet for the Apple Wagon, only 8 yards from the front door of the wagon. We also provide another tolilet and shower inside the main house.

3. Everyone who has stayed in the Wagon has loved it and left great reviews. Nobody complained about the fact that there was no toilet inside the wagon. We do not want people who are negative at the outset to stay, for obvious reasons, and would rather they leave without paying and stay somewhere else where they feel comfortable and happy, as they do and you can read their reviews here. We never before had such a bad attitude to regarding this accommodation.

4. You went as soon as you had arrived and upon your return at 9.15pm, Rosa saw you taking her MOP bucket. She came outside and asked you what you wanted it for and you said to use as a toilet in the wagon because we didn’t provide one inside the Wagon. Rosa took offense at this prospect and said there was a perfectly usable toilet just outside the wagon. She then asked you to leave. We are both very friendly, polite and kind people to our guests, but I think your negative attitude, rudeness and lack of respect for our accommodation from the point of arrival and your complaining culminated in a communication breakdown.

5. Perhaps you ought to have sought alternative accommodation as soon as you realised what you had booked, as we would not have charged you.

6. As it happens, after Rosa asked politely you to leave, you cancelled the booking and we had not charged you in any event, so really, as you did not stay the night with us, you ought not to be able to leave a review!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure and most peaceful night’s sleep ever at Rose Farm. Picture perfect is an expression overly used in this age of waffle and oversell. Not so in this case. The facilities are excellent,the owners are two very genuinely nice helpful and decent people.Spotlessly clean rooms,the best local award winning sausages (I’ll be wanting 3 next time *drool*) and a very decent cuppa. All in all a great place to stay in the area with a variety of accommodations from a solo room to a gypsy wagon with it’s own private garden and decking/seating area.
I would not only stay again but plan to stay longer next time and highly recommend booking your and your loved ones in to Rose Farm and sample the atmosphere for yourself/selves.
Thanks for a beautiful time both ✌❤️

Trip type: Travelled solo
RichardGriffith, Owner at Rose Farm B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Nothing make us happier than to know that our guests are satisfied, happy and would come back to stay with us. It just makes everything worth for! It will be a real pleasure to have you again and we are delighted to read this! We can only wish all the very best for you for now. See you soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2018

Sadly we were just staying for a single night at short notice with Rosa and Richard.
From a friendly welcome and quick show around the well appointed room through a delicious home cooked breakfast (great scrambled egg! :-) we very much enjoyed the experience.
The room, although facing the road was so well noise insulated we did not hear any traffic.
For a B&B the key to me is creating a welcoming feel at home experience and this staywas just the ticket for me! Many Thanks and hopefully we will be down your way soon!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Michael, many thanks to you for this lovely review. We will be delighted to have you staying with us again. Our effort is to make you feel at home, it looks like we managed to achieve that feeling
See you soon, all the very best for now,
Rose Farm B&B

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault the stay at all! Stayed in the lavender room and it was all so lovely. I explained how it was my birthday and that’s why we’d come on holiday and when I came back from my evening meal they’d left me a card and a bar of chocolate - so thoughtful! Breakfast is served all at one table so you get to interact with other guests and people you may not usually have a conversation with which was lovely. I ended up talking to one guest for an hour yesterday evening (this guest was so kind and bought me a birthday present as well during the day). I can’t guarantee anyone else will have such a perfect stay but you’ll definitely have a great one. Thank you Rosa and Richard

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple