All reviews swimming pool half board boathouse restaurant small site captain dv water heater lovely location entertainment team evening entertainment bedroom chalet great holiday kids club electric card pirate ship sun newspaper living area boat house
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Caravan okay if a little cramped for 4 people. Were spoilt last time with a large caravan. However, we could have upgraded, but chose to stick with it. Clean and otherwise adequate. Views across to Teighnmouth lovely. Close to many Devon attractions. Food in restaurant of good quality. Swimming pool and facilities good.

Room Tip: Caravans are better than the challets
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice B
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

I have visited devon valley many times, as a teenager and now with my own children.

We all enjoyed our holiday and as usual all the staff we dealt with were helpful and friendly. We were due to arrive on a Monday but rung on the Sunday morning and asked if could arrive that afternoon and the staff were really helpful in making that happen.

We had one of the 2 storey buildings which was nice and clean and tidy and had great views across the park. Having small children we left the clubhouse at 10pm in the evenings and once back in the accommodation you could still hear the music from the clubhouse and people standing outside in the smoking area, this wasn't really a problem for us but others may find it a problem.
We didn't eat from the take away as on our last visit we found the food to be horrible however on our first night we brought chips from the takeaway in the club and they weren't very nice so didn't bother again.
The entertainment team were all very nice and great with the kids but what happened to keeping the kids off the dance floor during shows? I found it quite annoying that children were running around the floor while people were trying to sing etc it always used to be that the children were asked to sit down with their parents. Also I felt that when the resident entertainers preformed, although I enjoyed it, it looked a bit arkward like they didn't really go together very well. But they did a performance individually.
The kids love captain dv and morris minor but it felt like that part was rushed along. They used to join in with playing games with the kids and my children were a little upset this didn't happen.

I know I've had a little moan but we all had a great time and despite the little things I have mentioned above DV is definitely worth a visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ps love my grandparents (dyer) memorial tree down by the river thank you dv.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank karrott86
Reviewed 22 October 2017

We stayed in one of the Clipper chalets which is basic to say the least. Having said that we brought our dog with us and booked quite late in the season so there may not have been any other dog friendly accomodation available. I found the staff very friendly and welcoming. Beautiful setting right on the estuary. Grounds very clean and tidy. Would definitely go back but would book much earlier in the year for better accomodation.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Deborah E
Reviewed 22 October 2017

we stayed for 4 nights and did half board loved it kids entertainment was excellent very friendly staff good with the kids have booked for next year very reasonable priced best park we have stayed at for a long time and have tried a fair few of these holiday parks

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank james john m
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

So for a little get away with the in laws, it was rather disappointing. When we arrived on site, we found the whole place was very old fashioned and dated. Once inside the caravan, we found it was grubby and the floors could have done with a clean. The fireplace was dusty, the shower was disgusting. But we tried to not let this bother us. But as we only had a few days we thought we would see past all that, and make the most of it. The bed sheets they gave us, were mostly clean apart from one was stained, in what I can only explain as, looks like a prop from the Texas chainsaw massacre. After taking it back they were happy to give us a replacement. Though, the staff were all very helpful and nice. But as I said before, facilities were very dated, such as the club house and pool tables. And as it was coming to the end of the season, and hardly anyone on the site, they closed the pub at just after 9, which cut out darts match and pint short. But, we persisted and enjoyed our stay as much as possible. Though we weren’t at the caravan a lot!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family