“FIRST VISIT and we are booking again”
Review of Fox and Grapes

Fox and Grapes
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Lifton
Price range: USD 8 - USD 27
Description: Fox and Grapes offers a quaint village pub with log fires and fine cask ales and ciders, Five farmhouse style bedrooms for B&B, and Restaurant and carvery is served in the Coronation Hall which has a fully equipped bar. Lending it self for private functions
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I didn't know what to expect, but to be honest I'v been some places for Sunday Lunch, but the selection of meats and very large selection of veg is beyond belief not to mention the assortment of puddings !!! The price is brilliant £7 for small (thats enough for me) then £10 ad even £14. WoW.

Bring the family it's well worth the visit. My wife is in a wheelchair and access is easy.

There are newer reviews for Fox and Grapes

Reviewed 29 July 2017

What a delightful find this was. Old style Inn with very spacious rooms although bathrooms are up the hall, but very clean and one had a huge bath as well as a roomy shower. The best and fastest free wifi we've had so far in Europe and free parking as well. Extensive menu and beautifully produced meals with generous helpings. No tiny portions here. Very friendly and helpful staff. The road is a little noisey for a tiny village, but that is the only negative. If you're after a stay somewhere away from the madness of the bigger towns or cities, then The Fox and Grapes in Tinhay won't disappoint. Not much else to do in Tinhay though... so really a night or two at most.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Reasonably priced, great quality food. Wide selection of freshly cooked vegetables. Meat was cooked perfectly.
Friendly staff providing good service.
Will return.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

1346 2017 MAY 25 FOX AND GRAPES LIFTON 18 01 001 676 004
Mary.
Brie and cranberry sauce. 5.50
Hunters chicken, salad and hand cut fries. 9.00
raspberry ice cream. 2.00
One 175 cc glass of Merlot.
1/2 pint of tap water with lemon. 0.00
Adrian.
Vegetable soup. 4.50
Fish pie and vegetables. 9.00
Raspberry ice cream. 2.00
One half pint of bitter.
One half pint of tap water with lemon. 0.00
Total. 32.00
The drinks in total were 5.60
Total. 37.60
1900. We ate in the bar in a table in the corner of the room served by Arnie the partner of the landlord Rose. The meal was very satisfactory, good value for money and I would have no hesitation in eating here again. The music was dreadful, but after a while I asked Arnie if he would reduce the volume and he immediately turned off the loudspeakers in our section of the room. The locals were a pleasant enough bunch, the ones we spoke to were fishing enthusiasts. Although this is not one of my pursuits we had an interesting conversation. Rose and Arnie have brought this pub back to life after it lying derelict for 10 years and seem to be making a good job of it. There was a constant flow of customers in an out and at least two sets of families staying overnight. We made firm friends with Rose's 15-month-old Spaniel Demelza who seemed very slow on the uptake that we were not going to feed her. Eventually she went to sleep under our table for about 10 min. Rose has been in the industry for 35 years, running pubs in various parts of the County of Devon. She was a pleasant person and very quick to help, having identified my difficulties immediately. There was a good atmosphere in this establishment , the cooking was as good as anywhere I have eaten this year and I would certainly be prepared to return if I am in the area.

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Had a very good visit here ,comfortable bed and room ,Very nice meal .Lovely staff and Rose is a delightful lady and chef .So hard working made me feel tired ! Would recommend it ! Good luck Rose you deserve success !

Been to Fox and Grapes? Share your experiences!