“Brilliant as usual”

Price range: USD 21 - USD 63
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Fine-dining, Brasserie style, or hearty pub-classics, find delicious food to suit every occasion from our 3 different restaurant areas at the Arundell Arms. All use fresh produce from local suppliers and all are led by Head Chef, Steven Pidgeon - internationally recognised for modern British cuisine and 1 of only 80 Master Chefs in Great Britain. This year we celebrate 20 consecutive years holding the AA 2 Rosette find dining award. We are also proud to be winners of the Taste of the West Gold award
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Light lunch on Sunday in the hotel bar. Beautiful food as usual. Could be considered a little pricey for the relatively small portions but always perfect.

1  Thank Rosieella27

Reviewed 26 July 2017

One of the few places around that wasn't a pub, not at all bad, we had fish mixed grill, i had crab to start. Staff all young and enthusiastic if inexperienced. I did get fed up with repeated "Enjoys". Bit pricey we thought.

1  Thank Alan P
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Chanced on the Lifton Arms after a hard day's driving. A good welcome and then tempted to there eat by the menu. A pleasant warm evening so eating outside on the terrace was a good choice. What really worked very well was the mixed fish grill - not sure I've ever seen this offered before but it was really good and a very generous portion. A ginger pud to follow - just as good. Finished the evening by leaving my phone behind at reception so hat's off to the staff for a) letting me know and b) promptly posting it back to me. Great service. Now a fishing week-end at the hotel seems a very good might be a very good follow-up.....

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I last visited the Arundel Arms five or so years ago. That was for Sunday lunch. On the occasion of this latest visit it was for dinner. When we arrived it was clearly busy both with a private function and diners in the bar. We were shown into the restaurant by a young lady who seemed to be in charge. The restaurant can easily cater for around 40 or so, and this is relevant because had there been that number rather than the twelve diners present, I suspect things would have been far worse. The staff – we saw three including the young lady previously mentioned – were attentive and were doing their best, but it is clear that they lack training. Bread had to be requested, a bottle of mineral water when supplied was left on the table unopened, coffee was not delivered. I give those staff ten out of ten, but whoever is in charge, well, they need to get a grip. The Ladies toilet was a disgrace. In one cubicle the seat was hanging off. There was used tissue on the floor. Clearly it had not been inspected for some time. This state of affairs might have been related to the private function which appeared to involve a rather young and noisy crowd. I hope so because it if it typical of the day to day experience, future visitors need to be warned. I will end on a positive note. All of us found the food excellent.

1  Thank baseleysimon
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Best dinning option in the area. Often dinner is not offered in the towns, just a lunch and later pub. This was a wonderful find and a beautiful place to stay as well. From soup to dessert, the offerings were expertly prepared and generous portions.