“Late lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Been popping in here over the last few years but today OMG!!!!! The hearty breakfast my husband enjoyed was Fabulous & my special jacket potato with Brie Bacon & cranberry was lush (as avoiding bread) & finally purchased some Strawberries from the shop. Along with lemon drizzle cake. Last week tried the shortbread & crispy squares & they were Mmmmmm
Well recommended this place as always clean & friendly & the coffees are fab too.

Laura M, Manager at Lifton Farm Shop and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear juzzy28,

Thank you for such an enthusiastic review! We are delighted you enjoy your visits and are discovering new products with each time!
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We have just been to Lifton Farm shop and restaurant and spent £42 on an afternoon tea for 3 adults! Lovely as it was, it was a little pricey! Anyway, my gripe isn't about prices, it's about a rather rude woman in the shop!

I bought some lovely apples that were in a net; presented as their own apples at £2 per net. Very reasonable I thought; they smelt beautiful! However, when I got to the till, it came up as £2.20, which although only 20p more, wasn't what was on the blackboard label next to the apples. 'That's fine,' I thought, 'but I'll check that I wasn't seeing things!' I went back to check, and they were, as I thought, £2 and not £2.20. I didn't mind this, but thought that someone is bound to moan or be caught out at the till and not have the right change etc. So, I thought I'd just mention it to the girl who served me, and let her know that the label needed changing as not to embarrass anyone. The girl was lovely and promptly began refunding me 20p - which I said wasn't necessary, as I didn't mind. She was lovely. However, a blonde woman in her fifties (not wearing a uniform), hung back to listen to our conversation, interrupted and said rather abruptly that I wouldn't be able to buy them for that price in Tesco - or something to that effect! She then continued by telling me that "we're only human you know!" and stood staring at me in an intimidating way. I have to say I was shocked and rather taken aback! I wasn't disputing the fact that the apples were expensive, nor was I pointing fingers at anyone for making a mistake. I was merely mentioning that the sign didn't match the till, which it should for everyone's sake. I agree, Tesco would find selling apples at that price difficult and indeed, people 'do make mistakes!' That was not what I was saying! I was made to feel small and 'put in my place' and I'm afraid I felt that this was rather unprofessional and completely unacceptable! I will think twice before returning or recommending Lifton Farm Shop in the future!

4  Thank clemejl

Dear clemeji,
I was so shocked to read your review and can only apologise most sincerely for what sounds like a very unpleasant experience.
However, I am pleased that the member of staff who served you was utterly professional and proactive in her response to your query. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancy with the pricing of the apples, which of course has now been rectified.
I do hope that this unpleasant incident will not deter you from visiting us again. I can assure you that this was most unusual as you will see from the very positive reviews we are constantly receiving.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Just off A30. Well worth the stop. Great cakes, super eggs. Dairy free and gluten free diner well catered for. Lunches looked really good too.
Farm shop next door for stocking up.

Laura M, Manager at Lifton Farm Shop and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Fosseboy
Thank you for your kind review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit.
I hope we shall see you again when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Called in there recently. Wow the quality of the produce in the farm shop was excellent the extra bonus was the restaurant/cafe. So so good, be aware the portions are huge.

Dear AnneC2010
Thank you for your kind review and I am so pleased you were impressed with what we have to offer. I hope we shall see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Found this gem on route travelling to Cornwall. Fab place to stop fir a bite to eat. We stopped for breakfast. My husband had a hearty farmers breakfast and I had scrambled eggs on toast with smoked salmon. Both freshly cooked and delicious and good value for money. Service very good and staff friendly.
We then visited the farm shop, which offers all local produce, meat, cheeses, freshly baked bread and cakes - cooked on the premises. Also a variety of China and gift products again reasonably priced. Well worth a visit and we will definitely visit again.

Dear poppydog17,

Thank you for your kind review and we are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stop for breakfast and to the adjoining farm shop.
I do hope we shall see you again when you are next in the area.
Kind regards