“Awesome burgers, great cakes!”

Gastrobus Bantham Beach
Ranked #8 of 72 Restaurants in Kingsbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Visited twice in 2 days, as the food was so lovely.

Situated in the car park, behind the beach, you'll need to pay to enter the car park if you have a car - £3.50

There's a good menu of burgers, hot dogs, cakes, crisps, snacks and drinks.

It can get busy, but the queue for ordering was longer than the wait for the food.

The burgers were delicious! The cakes sublime!

There's no cover, so if it's cold or raining, you'll either get cold/ wet, or you'll need to sit in your car, and drip burger juices on your lap! :o)

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 April 2016

Worth the wait for food and something we look forward to every time we visit Bantham. The huge Chelsea buns are incredible and their soups are always delicious. Lots of burgers/meaty options - any vegan options I wonder? A great asset to Bantham if a lot more expensive than a picnic!

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

First of all an entirely cute and novel food-serving bus parked at Bantham Sands (a favourite beach of ours). The coffee and food is excellent and they even cater for gluten free needs which is always a massive plus as far as I'm concerned. We had coffee in the morning and some burgers / hot dogs for lunch. All very nice and so good to have this kind of quality right on the beach. You can be at the beach all day and let them cook for you.

Downsides are you need to have cash, and there isn't anywhere close by to get some so make sure you bring some if you want to stay on the beach all day. Second is how unbelievably slow these guys were. I waited 15mins for 2 cups of coffee which even with 2 people waiting in front of me and in beach mode seemed crazy. And no apology for the wait. When I went back for lunch I waited around 20mins which wasn't as bad given freshness and quality but overall I think things can be much sharper.

Would I go back? Most certainly. I'll just be sure to bring cash and a good book for next time!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

Have been going to Bantham beach since I was a child. The only thing it lacked was somewhere to get a hot drink or something to eat, which is why the Gastrobus is so welcome. It could've been an ordinary bus, but no. This truly is a Gastrobus, with local produce cooked to order and with imagination. It's also ideally placed on the South West coast path, so no need to carry a picnic.
Bantham is still the beautiful, unspoilt place it always was. Now you can get great coffee too.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

I had heard lots of good things about the food here and i wasn't disappointed. Normally i would take pack lunch to Bantham however me and my girlfriend decided to give it a go this time. Burger was lovely and worth every penny.