“Breakfast at the beacon ”
Review of 1810 Restaurant

1810 Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 136 Restaurants in Exmouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Full English breakfast is very good quality and is tasty and hot. Coffee is fairly good quality. Buffet style continental breakfast is included in price. Extremely good value for money. This restaurant is housed in the royal beacon hotel in Exmouth. Exceptional value.

1  Thank rayrest

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We've been to 1810 (Royal Beacon Hotel restaurant) several times before and never been disappointed. This was no exception.

The welcome was good and it was great to see that Nico was still the Maitre D'. I can't say how he's regarded by the staff but he makes an excellent front of house and although friendly (and good fun), is always professional.

As it was lunchtime we restricted ourselves to a glass of wine each. I had the Montepulciano and the Shiraz wasn't available (world shortage?!) so my wife had the Merlot. Both very quaffable..

My wife was pleased with the baked Camembert that she had to start with and we followed with the roast chicken and the lamb. Both were excellent and so too the veg and roast potatoes that accompanied them.

I had the hot cross bun bread and butter pudding to finish with. Custard had already been added when it arrived. Normally I wouldn't bother with custard (or I'd have it on the side so I could have it afterwards) since I think that good B&B pudding should be quite moist anyway. In this case I was glad of the custard since the pudding was a bit on the dry side. Not enough egg and milk mixture added for my taste. Each to their own I guess.

The service provided by Nico, Graham (?) the Food & Beverage Manager and the three young ladies who served us was excellent through out.

When we first went here over 2 1/2 years ago the starters and desserts were £5 each and the man course £10. Then it went up to around £6-7 for the starter and desserts and £12-13 for the main course. This time it was £20 for 2 courses and £25 for three.

At £15/£20 for 2/3 courses it was a steal. At the newer, higher prices it's still good value. We enjoy lunch at the Saddlers Arms in Lympstone but the higher cost at the Royal Beacon is worth it for the ambience, location, service and generally better food.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

The owners are very family friendly,hospitality is their second name, they make you feel at home!! food is really good and hot we had breakfast and so much to choose!! pity we didnt go there earlier (only found the restaurant day before we left) value for money! good quality.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Had been here once before for my in-laws surprise anniversary so was really looking forward to our return visit. The menu was good with plenty of choice and the food really good. The service let things down a little as we were given dusty glasses and had to wait ages for replacements, but it didn’t spoil our evening just tainted my memory a little!!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

In my opinion quite a limited menu that meant I had the steak which was cooked well to my taste but had too much connective tissue for my liking. For the starter I had the fishcakes that were quite bland but rescued by the chili sauce. One bonus was the Otter Ale that I love. Service was excellent though and price wise as expected for hotel dining