“Unrivalled”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Everything about this restaurant is top drawer. Ambience and service is spot on but it's the food which is the star of the show. It always takes me ages to choose as everything on the menu sounds so delightful.

I've struggled to venture away from the pate to start as it's just so amazing. Definitely the best I've ever had. I'm determined to try something else next time (or have 2 starters).

I've had the lamb, pork and duck for mains and each one has been fantastic.cooked to perfection and beautifully presented. Always served with excellent and substantial sides.

I've never had room for pudding but others I've been with have always said how awesome they are as well. 5/5 10/10 1000/1000 - almost certainly my favourite restaurant around

Reviewed 15 April 2016

A great valentine's evening meal. Super food, excellent service and nice, if cosy, atmosphere. Decent value too. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Everytime I come to The Chronicle I am in awe of the perfect combination of service and food.
The front of house team headed up by Ricardo are the most hosiptable, and service is attentive without being overbearing.
Pre-dinner cocktails were fabulous: Martin Millers gin served over freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice and tonic, and a glass of fizz for the ladies.
The soda bread (Kathy, the chef is Irish) is so amazing that I had to check myself to not eat too much before the meal, which was beyond delicious. There is real talent here.
This really is a gem of a restaurant, with plentiful portions of fine-dining food at a very reasonable price. You will not go hungry!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

We visit the Chronicle occasionally, and always for special celebrations. The food is always excellent with plenty of fresh fish on the specials menu. From what I can gather, the food is sourced locally with daily deliveries of fish and meat. It is an excellent experience, from the warm welcome on arrival to a friendly cheerio on departure. We were lucky to get a table for the New Year celebrations this year and I hope to repeat it again next New Year. Although it is not a big restaurant, that adds to the personal atmosphere. Kathy (who is the Chef) and Ricardo (Front of House) are an excellent team and always treat us as friends. They now produce a regular newsletter with special menus on offer. I am looking forward to our next visit very shortly.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

We went on the off chance on Saturday evening, what a wonderful meal, pigs cheek for me and tempura prawns for my partner as a starter lovely,pork chop with vegetables and mash, and for me lamb with garlic mash and roasted vegetables fabulous,i have to have a gluten free diet this was no problem most of the menu I could eat I was even given a gluten free roll that was lovely and crisp and hot.
I would recommend this place to anyone can't wait to return.