We visited for two weeks from 21st July -6th August 2011. The pitches are marked out and they are superb and large. We stayed on field 4 and loved it because it was away from the entertainment areas and childrens swings etc. The toilets and showers and bin areas are as clean as I have ever seen even in this peak time. Children have entertaiment of some sort most days which is free and of good quality. The only slight grumble I have is that because they keep the pitches cut and mowed the cut grass gets absolutely everywhere but I dont know what they can do about it as its to large to collect it up, also the swimming pool although warm is a little to small in peak time for the size of site and has no toddler pool. The Pets corner is very good with lots of hands on for the children to enjoy. The crazy golf is fun but the other pitch and put proofed to be a dissapointment because of the meadow like grass and no putting areas. Everyone was extremely helpful,polite and friendly in the reception and the shops and clubs. We used the chippy was a touch expensive but what you expect really. Children tend to use those small wheeled scooters which can be a bit annoying in the evening around the bar area bumping up and down of kerbs etc but this only tended to be at busy weekends. The site was very quiet after about 11pm which was very good for such a large site. The site shop was well stocked and has a cash machine. I will certainly return. We are caravan club members and this site is certainly on a par with them with regard to upkeep of site etc. Excellent for anyone especially those with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of north Devon, a mile from the nearest main road along its own private drive, Stowford Farm Meadows has a superb rural setting. There are 500 acres of rolling Devon countryside, mature woodland and lush green meadows. The site makes an ideal base for exploring outstanding scenery and family attractions.Here is a summary of our excellent facilities:- Indoor heated swimming pool- Shop for food & supplies- Take-away cafe & 'The Wild Pheasant' - Old Stable & Old Barn bars - Family orientated entertainment - Horse riding centre -Kiddies cars - Petorama undercover Mini-Zoo - 9-hole fun golf - 9 -hole crazy golf - Sports field and play areas - Disabled washroom facilities - Family bath and shower rooms - Fully equipped laundry rooms - Extensive waymarked woodland walks - Caravan sales, servicing and repairs - Caravan accessories shop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Stowford Farm Meadows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stowford Farm Meadows Hotel Combe Martin
- Stowford Farm Meadows Combe Martin, England