“Best breakfast ever!”

Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Dawlish
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at The Ugly Duckling Restaurant, we pride ourselves on the high standards of our mainly British cuisine and the friendliness of our personal service. Our speciality is our daily carvery, served from 12.00 noon, which also includes our home cooked "Dish of the Day", and on Sundays we have our famous "Four Meat Carvery". The Carvery is in addition to our comprehensive, all day menu. We are open from 8.00am daily,(10.00 on Sundays)for fine coffees, to drink in or takeaway, and traditional breakfasts. We currently open every day except Mondays, and on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays through to 7.00pm. We are fully licensed and stock some excellent wines. Look out for our special evenings which include a French night to welcome the Beaujolais Nouveau in November and Burns Night in January. We look forward to seeing you, but you are strongly advised to book if you are coming for lunch.
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We went for breakfast with our children. When the breakfast came out, my daughter’s words were ‘Wow! Crispy bacon’ The breakfast didn’t disappoint, eggs were perfect too.

Fab breakfast, will definitely be returning!

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Visited with my family and ordered a traditional breakfast. Sausage was inedible and the bacon burnt. A very greasy café. Overpriced for what you get. I would avoid.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 508carolew
Reviewed 27 October 2018

My only other visit to this place was a few years ago and not the best! However, a friend and I were looking for somewhere for lunch so decided to give it another try. Very friendly welcome from the young waitress who showed us to a table. Both ordered the breakfast. Apart from the bacon, which was a little "leathery", everything was very fresh and well cooked. Slightly pricey I thought but all in all a much better experience and I would certainly eat there again in the future. Lovely cup of tea!!

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We came here with my wifes parents for Sunday lunch, we were greeted by the very hospitable owner and seated straight away.We opted for the carvery, this was very fresh and tasty we all enjoyed the meal and would visit again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 17 October 2018

Really excellent home cooking, best carvery for miles around, staff very friendly and efficient. Not expensive