Fairway Lodge
USD 166*
Travelocity
Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
USD 68*
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade jamsbreakfast roomthe main houseb bbusiness stayone nightenjoyed our stayideal locationstayed here for nightsgreat hostsvery pleasant stayexcellent breakfastplenty of parkingfeel very welcomelovely placeplace to staydawn
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Took a trip to Cornwall with the family on a Friday night after work for a quick visit to the South West and didn't fancy doing the whole trip to Falmouth in one go. Found this place on the web and what a great stopover place it was. We turned up late, about 2230 hrs, but it was fine with the owners. Lovely rooms, very comfortable beds, nice people and a great breakfast. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank yorkiebar2
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The feeback on this lodge are inconsisent with our experience. Our room was a good size but tatty and needed a good clean. There was lots of dust in places and the bathroom toilet corners were forgotten. The sheets were clean but the room was at the front and noisy, as it was on a main road. As there were only 2 out of the 11 rooms occupied we did check with the owner whether there was other quieter rooms available but were told not the road was not noisy.... but it was.... son little sleep.

The pictures of the lodge and feedback looks great, but the fact that only 2 out of 11 rooms were occupied on our visit over the Easter week probably says more...

Room Tip: dont stay at the front.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2010

We had 7 rooms for a group of motorcyclists - 2 couples and the rest singles. We turned up after 1830 pm to find both owners cheefully waiting for us. Check in couldn't have been simpler - I had booked so I just signed and was given all the keys with instructions as to which rooms were for couples and which for singles. Everyone was delighted with their rooms and the bathrooms were viewed as very good. There was a carpark for the bikes, the rooms were big enough for bike kit (the jackets fitted in the wardrobes), there were lashings of hot water for a shower, no fuss at check in, breakfast at a time we chose..... Our group is used to staying in 4/5 star in London so our expectations were high. We were all delighted - and loved the fact we effectively "took over" the house.

Breakfast was great - my husband got his porridge and I got my poached eggs on toast. Tea was hot and strong and the coffee was generous rather than little cups (proper cafetieres).

Would recommend this particuarly to bikers - it''s really bike friendly and the owners are really friendly.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I spent a couple of nights at Fairway Lodge and overall, I rate it as a very nice place to stay. The hosts are welcoming and chatty and there is a good first impression. The grounds are very well kept and there is ample parking. Although I was a lone guest, I had a very clean, but basic double room with en suite. Both were spotless. Tea and coffee makings with a jug of filtered water were also provided. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great (not those cheapo hollow fibre items from discount shops). The room was also equipped with a widescreen digital TV.
The only complaint I have was was the acoustics of the lodge. The guests upstairs were very noisy especially their TV but Dawn did get them to turn it down. Another family arrived on day 2 and did nothing but slam doors especially in the early evening. Breakfast was outstanding and served in a breakfast room. Given the location and time of year, the prices were just about right. Overall, this is a nice place to stay convenient for Dartmoor and north Devon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2009

as someone who cannot relax when not in my own bed this is the first time I have ever felt comfortable staying in accomadation.It dosent matter what star rating a place has I have to feel at home,and until now never felt happy in guest houses or hotels. This place actually made me feel I wanted to stay for longer.Dawn and her partner made us feel so welcome after our traumatic weekend doing the ten tors! even though sunday night was their night off from kitchen duties they let us eat in their dining room and served us with well needed drinks.I felt that nothing was too much trouble and they obviously had a good business ethos.The rooms were comfortable,showers efficient and cleanliness of the place was top noutch.The cooked breakfast was superb ,one of the best ever!in my opinion this place should be higher up the list of B&Bs in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009