“High prices and average food”
Review of Big Rock Grill

Big Rock Grill
Reviewed 9 July 2018

This is an interesting place to eat, because it has a huge rock in the center of the restaurant which was supposedly part of the natural foundation. However, the food is average, service was slow, and prices were sky high.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Always a nice bonus when we look at a menu and see there is a vegetarian option! Great job Big Rock Grill. Service was fast, clean & friendly.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We stopped in the Big Rock Grill for a snack. Big Rock Grill was not busy, at all. We had a drink and an order of fries, which was more than enough, though it did seem a bit more expensive. I think that there are better places near the base of Lookout Mountain near the St. Elmo station. Not our favorite place.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Stopped here on my way out after walking through the entire park. I noticed they were serving ice cream and milk shakes along with all the other standard grill fare. The soft ice cream looked good but I decided on the milk shake. Their featured shake of the day was peach. I though I would get a milk shake with peach ice cream. It turned out to be vanilla ice cream with peach flavoring. It was a good size milk shake and tasted good enough even though it wasn't peach ice cream. Overall the grill looked pretty nice with plenty of tables and chairs.

1  Thank Larry T
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Stood in line for a while to order. They only have one person taking orders. I saw a lot of people sitting around waiting for their food. I knew it would be a long wait. It is over priced cafeteria food. The restaurant didn't look clean in general. The doors, walls, and floors look old. I can get past that but when we went to get our drinks I noticed black mold all up inside the ice dispenser. I immediately told my kids and husband not to drink their drinks. I told the lady behind the counter. She said "Oh the night crew isn't doing their job cleaning it at night". Um.....no one has been cleaning that thing for a while. Another girl came out with a cloth and wiped it and left. All the black mold was still inside as she walked around the counter. I asked her if they had any ice in the back and she said she would get me some. They didn't shut down the machine or offer to get ice for new customers coming thru the line. They just acted like nothing happened. If that is what it looks like up front I can only imagine what the kitchen in the back looks like. The bathrooms were small and filthy as well. DON'T EAT HERE!! Better yet....don't visit Rock City. It is not worth the money. There are very few bathrooms. The place is run down and there isn't anything to do but walk around. $86 for a family of (4) to walk around rocks. You're better off going to Ruby Falls or the TN Aquarium.

2  Thank emmasmail2016