All reviews the pub homemade chips the food is great favourite pubs proper home cooked food menu is extensive warm rolls lunch time comfortable atmosphere overnight stay log fire curry stayed here for nights tasted great breakfast and dinner jail ale long walk
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a really lovely pub lunch here today. An unpossessing exterior belies a simple but welcoming interior. The menu is extensive with something for everyone and plenty of comfortable areas to sit and eat or drink. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. The food was quick and great. Also dog friendly - what more could you want. Highly recommended for a quick lunch stopover.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Not sure the barman wanted to be in the hospitality industry the night we visited for a meal? Thankfully the lovely waiter redeemed things. Food was very good and reasonably priced.
Decor is dated but traditional, nice to visit somewhere that's retained that charm, Mr barman however, needs to find his!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Good bar service.
Goodish food for price but salad that came on plate with my main only a garnish and I had no other veg. Admittedly I chose from bar menu.
Change from £15 for two courses.
Might go again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Called here on way home to Yorkshire from a holiday in Cornwall. I'm so glad we did, what a lovely place.
We were welcomed by a couple of gentlemen who took my food order and served my drinks. We sat by the window in a dining room which was spotless.
Our food arrived within 20 minutes and was superb. Home made chips, cooked to perfection! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their sandwiches. I had a ham and cheese toastie which was divine!
Nothing was too much trouble and we left smiling and ready to continue our long journey home. I only wish we lived nearer as I'd definitely be a regular!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here several times with family and friends as it is my favourite place to eat in the area. We travel to this side of dartmoor specifically to visit this pub. The food is great and is served all day. You can even have curry for breakfast if you want to! The people serving and the owner are all very friendly indeed. Beryl the otter is very beautiful and I hope she enjoys her tea party on Wednesday ;-) (part of the ceramic otter spotting in dartmoor for conservation charity).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends