“On point !!!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I've always felt in the past steaks in the UK we're lacking compared to the US.

My opinion definitely changed after dining with friends at Red. Great ambiance and service and a must visit when staying in beautiful Guernsey !

There are newer reviews for Red Grill House and Cocktail Bar

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

On the island just for the night, with work..
Went to Red on Trip advisor recommendation, wasn't disappointed, 550g ribeye was fantastic!

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Red has an inventive menu both for food and cocktails. Ignoring their well flaunted steaks, the tuna steak was the best I've eaten - and that takes some doing. The beef pie was delicious, with the starters like Prawn & Granny Smith salad or the crab dish proving inspired combinations. Vegetables and desserts were equally inventive - Sticky Toffee Pudding with Salted Caramel Ice Cream was so good together but excellent as individual components. We tried 6 of their cocktails between us and all were original in their contents with all the flavours able to be appreciated - not the oh-too-usual mush of tastes. Service from our friendly and informative waiter was excellent, showing that rare attitude of wanting to know what we liked and helping us find it so we had the best experience. The only flies in the ointment were the hideous cow skin room dividers which spoilt the elegance of the space and the waitress who seemed not to have understood what "service" meant (such a contrast to her colleague). However minor details - an excellent evening.

1  Thank sue b
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I go in to this place for my weekly lunchtime treat of meat (they'll know me from the post, the South African guy who always asks for a single table).Honesty though these guys are the best. Apart from the delicious food, the wines are amazing and the service is truly out of this world. Guernsey is renowned for its restaurants, but this place takes the reputation to a World class level!

1  Thank Jukes76
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Service is really good, I would say this is in the top 3 restaurants in Guernsey for steak, however I would recommend making it clear to the waiter if you're somebody who likes their steak cooked well (not red/pink) as I've asked for medium well/well done and it has been too undercooked for my preference. I don't like how they don't do any fries on the menu, only chunky chips. The set lunch menu is great value - includes onglet steak and chips for £10. The mac and cheese side dish is so tasty.