“Good spot in town”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017

pleasant evening meal. Varied menu with good choice of different foods and all prepared nicely with good service.

There are newer reviews for The Crows Nest

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with a party of 9. Sat upstairs that had a beautiful view of the port. Nicely decorated restaurant . We ordered a Cheese board which was nicely presented and tasty, another had sea bass which was good. That was it however! 2 people in our party never got their food even after a few inquiries. Chicken sandwich, minute steak sandwich and crab salad sandwich had 2 bites taken out of each and no one wanted to finish them, all saying "yuck." Wait staff was indifferent . Has to be better places to eat in this cute town

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Got a last minute booking for Friday evening. Lovely location with panoramic window overlooking the harbour. Perfect sunset. Food was delicious, lovely choice and reasonable price as was the wine. My scallop and king prawn main course was delicious and freshly cooked followed by tasty lemon tart with gorgeous mandarin sorbet and all beautifully presented. Restaurant Manager was lovely and friendly as were the staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Visited this restaurant as a party of 4. The restaurant is on the 1st and 2nd floors of the building above the Ship and Crown pub. I didn't notice a lift - people with limited mobility might struggle to get there.
I had fish and chips, which was delicious and well-presented. Portions were adequate and service (initially) was good. On the basis of this first course, I'd give the place 5 stars because I'd go there again and I'd recommend it. However, after the main course, we were hoping for a dessert. The waitress asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu then disappeared never to return. I tried to catch her eye, but the three waitresses were standing chatting by the till and completely ignoring customer. We gave up waiting and left. I did comment as we paid, but my observations didn't even elicit an apology.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We had a very tasty lunch here recently, but must admit the top level got quite noisy (a bit acoustic).

They do some interesting and tasty items on the menu. We started with the Salt & Pepper calamari and Tiger prawns with Asian slaw, for mains I had the Indonesian Chicken Curry (very good, and able to pick out some of the freshly sliced red chilli's) and my husband had the Indonesian Seafood curry(again good and tasty).

The only disappointment was the lack of an ale on tap (they did have bottled London Pride), and the fact it got quite loud and we had difficulty hearing each other.