“Excellent quality food - just watch the "market price" dishes!”
Review of China Red

China Red
Ranked #1 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: USD 22 - USD 29
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Went here on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews. I only booked 24 hours in advance, and although they were happy to accommodate us, I was told we only had the table for 90 minutes - that was fine with us, as we had a child with us, but might not suit people who prefer to linger longer!

Anyway, as others have said, the food was excellent. There's a bewildering choice, and I was particularly impressed by the vegetarian and gluten-free options (I'm neither veggie nor coeliac, but have so many friends who are that I automatically check menus).

Our starters (soup and spring rolls) were excellent, and they happily provided some cucumber sticks for the fussy youngster. Mains of monkfish, chicken fried rice and steamed bass were equally impressive. Service was friendly and hyper-efficient. The only slight downside came with the bill, when I saw my bass had cost £25. It was listed as "market price" on the menu. Now, I *know* bass is expensive, but I honestly wasn't expecting it to be so much, especially as it was such a small portion of fish - I'd guess it weighed approx. 6 ounces. It was my fault for not asking about the price in advance. Caveat emptor!

2  Thank Foodielexie
There are newer reviews for China Red

Reviewed 19 August 2017

I just love this place. Always try and go when visiting my daughter and family. Thought I was going to miss out this time but most of the family were out doing other things so my daughter and I made it a very good reason to go.

2  Thank Grannyof4
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

China Red, is a great Chinese restaurant. The choice and the quality of food is superb! Eddie and his team run this restaurant with efficiency and a welcome, second to none. Everyone who loves Chinese this is a must! For those of you used to China Town in Manchester and in London, China Red can stand beside them and in most experiences can exceed. A superb restaurant from the quality of the decor, the efficiency of the staff to the quality of the food!

1  Thank JSM6147
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us and we were not disappointed. Brilliant tasty food, superb attentive service, definitely go back again

1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We went here for our anniversary meal and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and the service was brilliant - highly recommend it.

1  Thank Georgina C