“Definitely our best meal on Guernsey. Please go. ”

Old Government House Brasserie
Ranked #15 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Price range: USD 28 - USD 37
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We would certainly suggest that you visit the Brasserie as you will enjoy what will be one of your best meals ever. We had had afternoon tea the day before (see separate review) and decided to go back to celebrate my 65th birthday. We had a great night. My wife had the duck and it was fantastic and I had the steak which was cooked to perfection. Having had two beautiful starters we weren't going to have a dessert but as the maitre d' had heard my birthday mentioned I was served with a specially prepared dessert. It was superb, chocolate mousse with gold dust. Still trying to lose the calories!

If you go to Guernsey please go to the Old Government House Brasserie. You will be glad you did.

There are newer reviews for Old Government House Brasserie

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We were given a voucher for "afternoon tea" and wow what a delight. We sat outside in the Olive terrace next to the fountain. Choice of loads of different teas - (the genuine leaves with the tea strainer) and how nicer the tea tasted. We each had 4 different sandwiches (all delicious) a fruit scone and a plain scone with butter,jam,cream and a real strawberry; then to top it off cakes too many to number all so delightful to look at and even better the taste. 1st class quality and attention to detail with beautiful surroundings. A real must!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Whilst staying at the hotel, I enjoyed two lovely evening dinners, as well as a light lunch. This review is concerned mainly with the second dinner, which was enjoyed with two friends who are Guernsey residents. We enjoyed drinks in the Crown Club, and after something of a delay, we ordered our food. This was served cheerfully and promptly, and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed both main courses and desserts. The previous evening (when I was dining alone) I had probably the best fillet steak I have ever eaten, followed by a delicious honeycomb ice cream and a superb hot chocolate. As with the hotel, the staff are great and take great pride in delivering top-notch service. The service is efficient but certainly not stuffy, which is so often the case in some restaurants. I'm coming back soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Some of the tables are not very well placed but we were prepared to wait a few minutes (at a very noisy bar) . Once seated we enjoyed good food and service.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Had dinner here. Huge selection if interesting gin in very nice bar for pre dinner drinks at very fair price of £7.00 for a G&T.
Dining room has a good feel, being mainly finished in a soft green. Some tables in large bay window with good views. Did not get offered one of these though.
Fairly small menu with emphasis on sea food. Crab salad starter was very good.
Only negative was a glitch in service in that menus brought to the bar but then staff forgot all about us and so we had to move to the dining room and order from there.
Wine a little expensive, I think £45 for an average 2016 Sancerre.
Wine