“Sunday Lunch with Family”
Review of Bella Luce

Bella Luce
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in St Martins
Price range: USD 37 - USD 46
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bella Luce is an exclusive boutique luxury Guernsey Hotel, Restaurant & Spa situated on the beautiful island of Guernsey in the Channel Islands just off the coast of Normandy. This 12th century manor Guernsey hotel has recently been lovingly refurbished with great care and a stunning Spa has been added.. The hotel has a summer terrace, cellar lounge, cozy bars with open fireplaces and the award winning Garden room restaurant. This elegant restaurant has built itself quite a reputation as one of Guernsey's finest dining experiences serving modern European food with a focus on the exquisite local ingredients.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

The restaurant is well set out,by this I mean plenty of space between tables
The staff were well trained and every time they came to the table they had a smile on their faces
The Service was very good,and the menu had delicious choices

There are newer reviews for Bella Luce

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We really enjoyed the 'gin experience' but the bar meal afterwards was mixed. Two of the party enjoyed theirs but three chose the home-made burger which was extremely salty.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

This is a small charming hotel with friendly, helpful personal service in a convenient location for the airport, St. Peterport and indeed as a base for visiting the rest of the island.

Our room, 106, was of a high standard but rather small. We seemed to bump into each other every time we moved and most of the available floor space was occupied by the large, and very comfortable, bed. It lacked a room safe and charging socket for shavers/toothbrush. The hair dryer was feeble and the TV reception was intermittent. Complimentary bottled water was provided and regularly replenished.

We ate in the restaurant on the first of our three nights. There was no table d'hote menu and the a la carte menu was expensive with starters typically around £11. The quality was excellent and not being big eaters, we were satisfied with two courses. Those with bigger appetites might have been disappointed but the emphasis is on quality rather than quantity.

We ate at other nearby hotel restaurants on our other two nights where the quality was good, albeit not haute cuisine, and the food was considerably cheaper. We noticed several other residents doing likewise.

Should you come here, I suggest booking direct and not through Secret Escapes/Premier Holidays/Channel Islands Direct as we did. Our package included a three course dinner on the first night but according to the Hotel, we were only entitled to £20 per person towards a meal which would not even have bought a main course. However, they did not insist on payment of the balance on departure and we left it with them to resolve with the holiday providers.

Breakfast was very good and cooked to order with an adequate cold cuts option from the self-service buffet.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We have three complaints:
First it took 30 minutes before anyone took our order, although we asked several times.
Second, the sommelier was over-attentive and over-persuasive, and to my mind was almost aggressive in pushing me to choose a much more expensive wine when I had already made my choice from the wine list.
Thirdly, although fillet steak was not on the menu, I discovered that there was one left in the kitchen. Without asking the price because I expected it to be in the mid-£20s, and without being told the price, I went ahead with it. I know that elsewhere in Guernsey a fillet steak is £22-26, but when the bill came I was asked for £38. Although I protested about this I was told that it was the chef's decision and even the general manager tried to persuade me that at least the quality was ok, but my complaint was about the price.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We had been told about the very special gin which the owner distils and thought this sounded a really fun place. How wrong was that! Midweek lunchtime, dining room almost empty - something amiss? Table d'hote menu pretty appalling. We had fish 'n chips. The battered fish (of unknown provenance) looked decidedly unappetising. We did not risk a dessert.

Staff pleasant and Jack (Restaurant Manager) apologetic that we were so disappointed. He did say that dishes on the A La Carte menu would have been prepared with greater finesse.

We would obviously never consider returning.