All reviews small kitchen double room very pleasant stay would definitely stay here again good size stayed for nights manageress tv furniture jersey facilities
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I was there for one night for business. Hotel is currently being refurbished, I stayed in a newly refurbed room which was really lovely but I did meet other guests who were in older rooms and the description wasn't great. The hotel is a little tired looking in a lot of areas and the outside garden and pool area could be tidier.
However the staff were friendly, welcoming & helpful, it is clean & has the basic needs, breakfast was good and a reasonable price of 8GBP for full English.
It's close to everything so overall a good value budget hotel. If the rest of the hotel is refurbed to the standard of my room it will greatly improve it.
If you want more room comfort and hotel facilities for a long holiday this isn't the hotel for you, if you want a short break where you aren't going to spend a lot of time in the hotel only to eat sleep & shower I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Good wee hotel this,washere from the 15th-18th June as we were there to see MUAY Thai fights in the sports centre, this is situated in a spot on location just up from the Main Street and the hotel itself was spotless,
I would say the bed was far too soft but I still had a sleep,
There is noise from the cars outside that would be the only downfall but the staff and the manageress were absolutely brilliant, I would definitely stay here again without any hesitation

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2017

Overall a very pleasant stay. The bed was very comfy, it had a good amount of furniture, the TV was a decent size, it was great to have the kitchen facilities - made it a cheaper and easier stay and it was very clean and only 10 minutes walk to town. The staff were very pleasant also. The only complaint I had was that I was woken up at 3 in the morning by drunk people outside. I assume they were buying drinks from the bar but I am not certain. It was a hot night so we had the windows open and probably wouldn't have been a problem if they were closed. As soon as my partner closed them, the noise immediately stopped - I'm unsure whether they decided to come inside after that or if the windows stopped the sound. However, I am aware that it had nothing to do with the hotel and that the guests were just having fun on a Saturday night. Wouldn't stop me going again - in fact I will be going back there in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back of the hotel have a really nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Hotel in need of some refurb, but very clean and handy for Beach ( 7 mins walk ) and Restaurants of St Helier. Staff very helpful and excellent WiFi in all areas including the outdoor pool area. Only drawback is the limited parking facilities and even the marked spaces leave very little space between - however this is a city centre hotel and therefore parking will be at a premium.

Room Tip: Would not recommend a car unless you can pre-book with hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 6 May 2017

It’s hard to give The Sarum an overall score; triple rooms are thin on the ground in St Helier so I was grateful to find one well-located at a good price. When you add that staff were welcoming and friendly, the room was a good size, good wifi and an attached kitchen area, it should be a clear “above average”. And it would be…if only both the bed and the sofabed hadn’t been less tired. Both were past their best and it was a shame that in a room of this size the double wasn’t a king-size.

Stayed: May 2017
rw-jsy, Owner at Sarum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to review our property. All comments are helpful and we take them seriously.

As you know, we are presently graded and marketed as a TWO-star BUDGET hotel and are glad you found our room-rates competitive. Our policy is to re-invest continuously in our product, so as to ensure constant improvement and thus meet our visitors' expectations.

For example, we have kitchenettes in most of our accommodation because guests find this amenity very useful and few other hotels, below 5-star level, offer it. We also provide an excellent free Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel and CCTV has recently been installed for our guests' safety and security.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jersey soon.