All reviews small kitchen double room very pleasant stay would definitely stay here again good size stayed for nights manageress tv furniture jersey facilities
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Hotel in need of some refurb, but very clean and handy for Beach ( 7 mins walk ) and Restaurants of St Helier. Staff very helpful and excellent WiFi in all areas including the outdoor pool area. Only drawback is the limited parking facilities and even the marked spaces leave very little space between - however this is a city centre hotel and therefore parking will be at a premium.

Room Tip: Would not recommend a car unless you can pre-book with hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 6 May 2017

It’s hard to give The Sarum an overall score; triple rooms are thin on the ground in St Helier so I was grateful to find one well-located at a good price. When you add that staff were welcoming and friendly, the room was a good size, good wifi and an attached kitchen area, it should be a clear “above average”. And it would be…if only both the bed and the sofabed hadn’t been less tired. Both were past their best and it was a shame that in a room of this size the double wasn’t a king-size.

Stayed: May 2017
rw-jsy, Owner at Sarum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to review our property. All comments are helpful and we take them seriously.

As you know, we are presently graded and marketed as a TWO-star BUDGET hotel and are glad you found our room-rates competitive. Our policy is to re-invest continuously in our product, so as to ensure constant improvement and thus meet our visitors' expectations.

For example, we have kitchenettes in most of our accommodation because guests find this amenity very useful and few other hotels, below 5-star level, offer it. We also provide an excellent free Wi-Fi service throughout the hotel and CCTV has recently been installed for our guests' safety and security.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jersey soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This hotel provides excellent self catering accommodation with comfortable beds and a small but functional cooking area. It is in a good location for the beach, shops, buses and café/restaurants. Only a 10 minute walk to the centre of St Hellier and the main bus station. The hotel is a bit tired in places but again this is reflected in the price for Jersey. The staff are excellent. It has a nice pool area - again it has seen better days - but is perfectly functional and it was cleaned twice in the week I was there.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Iluvtovisit
Reviewed 31 October 2016

The staff at the hotel were wonderful; so friendly and always available to help. I stayed here for a month while working on the island, and the staff made my stay there so much better, easier and nicer. Although the hotel itself was a little bit dated, it was very comfortable and had a very convenient town location. The rooms themselves were basic but cleaned to a very high standard!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank cocoborough
Reviewed 17 October 2016

I am such a budget backpack type traveler and usually have such sparse rooms or in a bunk room of a hostel. My main criteria when booking is being able to walk from major transportation and city centre. This place far exceeded my expectations as a budget hotel. I walked from the ferry terminal and was delighted by the welcoming front entrance with beautiful flowers. Cristina was so welcoming altho I was too early to check in so my backpack was put in the storage room. I then walked to the city centre for the whole day of why I came here, bus to the War Tunnels and pubs, etc.
Upon my return I got into a wonderful bright modern studio apartment much to my surprise. I truly could have lived here. Had a view of the water from 2 windows. I was sorry I only had one night here and wished I could have folded it up into my backpack to take with me as it was the best room I had in 3 months of travel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo