“We keep going back!”
Review of Brown Morel

Brown Morel
Description: The Brown Morel opened in August 2015 and is located in the centre of Newcastlewest. The Baguio family are dedicated to providing a top class dining experience, and each guest will find the surroundings, service and atmosphere a delight. The Baguio's have been in the restaurant business for many decades, and Edilberto has won countless top class awards including the Michelin Bib Gourmand Award, the National Hospitality Award, and the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We live locally and we go here frequently. We are always well looked after and the food is delicious. I had freshly caught mackerel that the chef had caught.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

First of all. Wow. This place was incredible. Really reasonable prices for such incredibly delicious food. I would advice the slow cooked pork belly. My friends that I'm here working with and myself were all blown away by this incredible meal. So much so we went again the next day for lunch.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

What a hidden gem of a restaurant. Our B&B recommend it and it definitely did not disappoint. Complimentary pre-appetizer of espresso cup of creamy vegetable soup and bread slices was a nice start. Wine is fetched from next door by the owner. We had both a vegetarian and meat-based (venison and wild boar!) ragout. Both were very tasty with several flavors complement each other. We had the banoffee (sp?) dessert that was rich enough to split for our smaller appetites. It was deliciously decadent.
The owners served us with a real smile and general caring attitude. They were solicitous without being overbearing.
There are 2- and 3-course early bird specials that had good selections at a reasonable prices.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great find for us as we were traveling between Dublin and the Ring of Kerry. The food was very good (pork belly and the wild rice were both excellent as was dessert) and there was a nice children’s menu.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We weren't expecting much in this sleepy town as we drove to Dublin, but this restaurant was incredible.

Lovely staff, friendly chef and incredible food.

I almost got the authentic curry but passed because, well, I'm Indian.

But now I wish I'd tried it!

The pork belly was perfect. The ragout was flavorful. Everything was just right.