“First dinner in Ireland”
Review of The Mallard

The Mallard
Cuisines: French, Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We went as a recommendation by our B&B. I got a seafood casserole meal (I forgot what the name was). It was flavorful. They were accomodating for a large group and very attentive. All of the food is served searing hot-a good way to warm up. My fiance and his mother got salmon that looked delicious. If we had more time, we would've went back. Maybe next visit...

1  Thank Caity52854

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We stopped at the Mallard for lunch on our way to Co. Kerry. We both had grilled white fish with vegetables--fish was excellent! Vegetables were ok but the fish made up for cooked veggies. Dessert was chocolate torte with cream--amazing.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Absolutely darling older irish woman who will do just about anything to make sure your evening is perfect. Food is spot on and with superb value, we're local so have eaten there rather many times and every single time it has been just absolutely delicious. Beautiful, beautiful place. Sad its in wrong town, if it was on touristy spot it would be crowded all times. Just by far our favourite place in the county.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

This is one of those delightful Irish family-run establishments that seems to miraculously blend really fine food with a vivid sense of being relaxed at home. I am sad I only got there once on this visit, as I really hoped to get back a second night and try more of their menu.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

My husband and I have been lunching at this restaurant for some years, we love it as apart from the food always being as good as the last time, the atmosphere is that of an old fashioned tearooms, where staff wear black and the tables are of polished wood, it is always spotlessly clean and shining. The food though unpretentious is always good, if you order a salad it will be crisp and well dressed, the breaded Plaice takes some beating, crisp , golden and tasty. the staff and owners are pleasant and welcoming, the prices kind to the pocket, try it you will not be disappointed.