“Our wedding hotel”

Castle Oaks House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castleconnell
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We live in London and decided to get married in Ireland. We researched hotels for our reception and chose The Castleoaks House Hotel, based upon the service we received when first meeting with the staff as well as the grounds, banquet hall and wedding packages.
Initially, we thought planning a wedding from London may be a mammoth task, but nothing was too much for the staff, especially Jamie. He was always available either at the end of the phone or by email. He made suggestions based upon experience which we were grateful for.
When the wedding came around, the staff took care of everything, we only had to drop bits to the hotel, such as decorations, cake etc and they dealt with it all.
There are little garden apartments available within the hotel grounds, so all our guests were able to stay in the one spot. Everyone praised the hotel, the service, the accommodation and especially the food, and told us we had found a fantastic wedding venue. It all went so smoothly!
Thank you to Castleoaks for giving us such wonderful memories of our wedding day, we found a fantastic wedding venue and our day was all the more a special one. We would absolutely recommend you!

Brian and Marie Forde, London.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MarieF77
There are newer reviews for Castle Oaks House Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Decided to change my mind in booking this hotel due to the fact there was going to be a wedding on at the same time. I previously had a bad experience when I stayed at another hotel with my family when a wedding got out of hand so I didn't want my family to go through that again.
I cancelled my reservation 48 hours prior to my arriving time to be contacted by the hotel reservations to say that I was liable for the 1st nights accommodation. When I managed to speak with the General Manager he told me that they were in their rights to charge me the 1st nights accommodation. The manager had told me they had to turn down bookings and that this was the reason why they would take the 1st nights charge, but their reservations dept contradicted this as they told me the accommodation left and right of me would be free so there would be no excessive noise.
If this was going to be the way that they conducted their business, I could just imagine what way I was going to be treated if something did go wrong when I was staying their. Obviously money was their number one priority but luckily for me, we didn't have to see what their on site customer service was going to be like.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank A O
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My husband and I ate here just last night. The bar was empty (well it was a Monday night!) but it was really cosy and warm not like some places that shut off the heat when its quiet!

Our waitress was a very friendly, well mannered young woman. We both had seafood, salmon for myself and Sea Bass for my husband. I was amazed when the dishes came out- such presentation! Not your typical bar food fare at all. The Sea Bass was the days special and priced at €10 very reasonable. I also had a desert of sticky toffee pudding with custard which the chef made specially for me as Im not too keen on cream!
We have been to he Castle Oaks in the past for weddings but had never eaten in the bar before but we will definitely be making sa return visit! Well done!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MicheleH72
RiverShannon, Padraig Nolan General Manager at Castle Oaks House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Reviewer

Many thanks for your kind comments. It is always refreshing to hear good feedback from our customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Oaks to sample and savour more of our culinary delights. We get raving reviews about our homemade desserts, something that can be a rare sight in hotels today.

Again Many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Castle Oaks, the grounds back onto the River Shannon and was picture perfect. The hotel itself could do with a little spruce up but nothing major needed.
The staff were very pleasant and the drink prices not too bad
Was there for my brothers wedding and would recommend it to others - the staff helped to pull together a beautiful day.
Recommendation - go for a walk along by the river - peaceful and rewarding

Room Tip: Try and get a room near reception as some of the rooms are a little remote
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick D

Hi Patrick

Many thanks for your kind comments. it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us on the occasion of your brothers wedding.
Set on 26 acres of mature gardens on the banks of the River Shannon is the perfect location to celebrate a wedding.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Castle Oaks to sample and savour more of our culinary delights and enjoy the beautiful setting.

Again many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Just back from what was supposed to be a two night stay at this hotel but having had such a horrendous experience we checked out early and did not even stop the second night. I have never written anything on this site before but I felt compelled to do so after our horrendous stay. Myself and my mother arrived around seven in the evening with two small children - a four month old and a three year old. Arriving in late both babies were tired and the small one was screaming. The elderly lady on reception did not so much as glance up at us never mind greet us nor did the other man on reception so much as look up from his computer screen. We had booked what we were told were hotel 'garden suites' which are in actual fact self catering houses minus the kitchen facilities. I was told I could drive round to find them - no offer of help with baggage etc. When I drove around to the 'suite' I called back to reception as I did not think this accommodation would be suitable I had been offered self catering accommodation at time of booking and refused it. The unfriendly reception lady told me she would accommodate us in the main house. Beside a boiler room with constant noise all night long. A service truck collecting laundry was loading and unloading outside our window until 11.30 at night and a store room across from our room was in use by staff from 5.30 in the morning. Not only am I awake as it is with a small child I literally did not get a wink of sleep all night. The rooms were also a mile from reception and with no lift we had to lug everything up and down. We stayed on a Monday and the hotel was dead there really was no need to place us in the rooms we were put in. The hotel is quaint but very dated. The only saving grace was the absolutely lovely girl working in the bar and the bar food was quite good. The lady on reception is missing her calling in the hospitality industry I'm sure she would do well as a headmistress though!!! The difference a bit of hospitality can make in the hospitality industry is unreal! We refused to pay for our nights accommodation and the staff on reception the next day seemed quite nice. Word of warning though do not go to this hotel I have been to many many hotels and never ever been treated with such disregard. We were offered alternative rooms by reception staff the next day as we were booked to stay two nights but the whole experience was ruined for us. And this place is not cheap! Even though they scrimp on both staff and the breakfast buffet selection was minimal. Funny enough none of this would really have bothered me if we'd been treated with a friendly face and made to feel welcome. Avoid like the plague!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
10  Thank RussAlex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleconnell
6.6 km away
8.9 km away
Absolute Hotel
Absolute Hotel
#1 of 20 in Limerick

Been to Castle Oaks House Hotel? Share your experiences!