“Amazing hotel and spa - highly recommend!”

BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I was recently visiting Ireland from New York and stayed overnight at the Brooklodge. I only stayed 1 night and wished I spent more time. Everything was amazing from the moment you drove onto the property until checkout. The hotel was beautiful. Grounds very picturesque and peaceful. The staff extremely friendly and accomodating. I had a massage in the spa and it was one of the best I have ever had. The spa has a pool, outdoor and indoor hot tub, sauna and steam room. Very relaxing. Had dinner at the Italian restuarant onsite and it was out of this world. Had the spicy meatball dish - delicious. The restaurant atmosphere was very inviting. Felt at home. The hotel breakfast was also delicious. I arrived about 10 mins after the breakfast had ended and the staff was so nice - they asked the chef to whip me up an Irish breakfast. I will definitely visit the Brooklodge again. It is 1 of my favorite places - hands down. I highly recommend visiting!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
EJDWicklow, Co-Owner at BrookLodge & Macreddin Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Many, many thanks for your super comments, and hopefully you will visit us again from New York. Best regards, Eoin

There are newer reviews for BrookLodge & Macreddin Village

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked in at 5.30pm, check out 11am . Stayed in the Hall accomodation, would have liked the main hotel initially but was then delighted with the private balcony and the place was quite. Staff wonderful, went to great lenghts to ensure we got the Spa appointments that suited, one each, a treat. Made great use of the pool, outside hot tub, visited in Feb 29th. Have to say did enjoy the meal in the Italian rest. but was overall disapointed in the quality felt it was a bit over priced for what it was. Decided not to go the the Strawberry Rest. as it was 62 Euro each. Again only a small point. We did get some free free range eggs to take home, staff wonderfull, room grand, very clean, it was only one night and a real treat, the following week I was wishing to be there again. Will be booking for another night getaway in the next few months. Loved it!

Room Tip: Dont take room 19, in the main hotel, ask first, I remember staying here about 8 years ago and it is...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie K

Many thanks for your very kind review, and hopefully we will see you again shortly. Best regards, Eoin

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I Stayed here with my BF on Sunday last . It was unbelieveable.
When we arrived @ midday check in wasn't until 3pm so we had a walk around (the grounds are amazing) , some lunch and some wine (the weather happened ot be perfect too)
I love the fact they had the two trained dogs walking around it was nice and it added a sense of relaxation.

Our room was lovely we had a junior suite and the view was lovely from it.

We both had treatments in the spa the therapists were lovely girls and also very accomodating.

We had a dinner in the Italian Restaurant and although it was nice we both felt we could have eaten more. When we come back _which will be very soon_ we will go for the Strawberry Tree.

All of the staff were lovely but one guy stood out for us it was Zoltan he was so lovely and honestly this hotel is blessed to have such staff I cannot understand why this hotel is not a 5 star. All the little extra's were lovely even they way they present Scones My god they were unbelievable.

The only negative I would have was that on our last Day my Boyfriend fancied a swim and altough the adult pool is lovely is is not really designed for Length. One of the Therapists in the Spa informed me that there was a second pool which I didnt know about until it was time to go home.

Other than that everything was perfect and I cant wait to go back . I took a wedding Package with me on the way home. I wold love to get Married here :-)

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your super review. We really appreciate it and Zoltan will be thrilled too! Best regards, Eoin

Reviewed 25 March 2012

I have stayed here five times in the past few years and each time is just as good as the first. Something about the place just makes you chill, be cost and take life as it comes. Not a polished spa but does the job. Highly recommended....as a couple, with the girls or both!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your kind review and for your many visits. Best regards, Eoin

Reviewed 20 March 2012

It had been over 6 years since we had last been to BrookLodge and I don't know why we left it so long. It really is an oasis of calm, charm and relaxation.
We booked a 2 night stay in a suite, (I would recommend to pay the little extra for a suite room it was worth it). The staff everywhere were so helpful and nothing was a problem and they were all willing to help. I had emailed for an early check in and was accommodated.
I don't understand how this hotel is not 5 star, as it has so many little extras that I feel would merit it, staff are fantastic, free news papers, free wifi, free access to the Thermal Suite, an excellent breakfast served until 12pm at the weekends, beautiful grounds I could go on and on. I had an hour long hot stone massage with Margaret and its up there with one of the best I've had.
Fantastic work BrookLodge keep it up, we'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and go for a Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We really appreciate your very generous review, and hopefully we will see again before too long. Best regards, Eoin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macreddin Village
15.2 km away
Arklow Bay Hotel
Arklow Bay Hotel
#2 of 4 in Arklow

Been to BrookLodge & Macreddin Village? Share your experiences!