1,197 results
All reviews leisure centre conservatory bar executive room woodland walk lovely hotel kids club the outdoor hot tub bit dated family room main restaurant relaxing stay short break last weekend saturday night beautiful location food was lovely bar food
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stayed at the Glenview Hotel the Saturday night of the recent August Bank holiday. It was a last minute booking and we availed of one of the executive rooms for the night. Our price included dinner (in the bistro) and b&b. We did have to pay an additional 30euros for a camp bed for our 3 year old daughter as there were no family rooms available! She stayed all of 5 mins in it before hopping into our spacious bed!
On arrival we checked in and were delighted to hear our room was ready even though we arrived at 12pm. The room was lovely, very spacious with a couch and 2 arm chairs. The bathroom was equally impressive as was our view of the Glen.
We ate lunch in the bistro which was lovely & then headed to the swimming pool. This was great, loads of room and fun. We spent a couple of hours there and enjoyed the Jacuzzi & the outdoor tub.
Our evening meal in the bistro was delicious and the staff excellent! We had a few power outages but didn't take from the fun & enjoyment. Our little girl was made feel very welcome & the staff were so great with her. Breakfast the next morning was lovely and the view from the breakfast room lovely - hotel could have done cleaning the expansive window as it was quite grubby and very noticeable when sitting overlooking the Glen.
We had a lovely ramble in the grounds after breakfast and then hit the pool for a couple of hours.
Overall a lovely stay and very enjoyable. My only upset and something that has tainted my visit was I left my kindle in the room on departure and only realised when home. After contacting the hotel on 3 different occasions to see if it had been located (despite me telling them where exactly it was and that it hadnt left the room), it never showed up. I was disappointed with the hotels lack of response to this despite my absolute assurances it was left in the room! This alone would make think twice about returning even though we had a lovely time!

Room tip: Executive roomworth the extra for space & view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
BrianMcNamara, Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor following your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read you and your family enjoyed so many aspects of your stay including your accommodation, your breakfast, evening meal experience, our leisure facilities and the welcoming friendly staff.

I am sorry to hear your kindle that you believe was left in your room has gone missing. We have a lost property policy in place. All items that are left behind in the bedrooms are brought straight away to Reception. The Receptionist will endeavour to make contact with the guest immediately. All valuable items are locked away safely until claimed.

I would appreciate if you could call me at the hotel as I would like to investigate this issue further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

01 2740000

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I didn't stay but was attending a wedding there. I must say I thought the service and staff were excellent with one waiter even going to get his own charger to charge my cousin's phone. The food was yummy too. Discreet and friendly service

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you had an excellent time at the wedding you were attending in the Glenview Hotel. I will pass on your kind words to the team and your special mention for the waiter who provided his charger to charge your cousins phone. I am sure he will be so happy with the special mention.

We are so fortunate to have such a fantastic, professional team that take a personal pride in the hotel and it's guests experiences.

We do hope you will come back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Lovely spacious room, overlooking car oar, not the glen, but quiet anyway. Restaurant is excellent, attentive, friendly service, beautiful view, well priced. Tried the bistro bar, which is more suitable for families maybe, but much preferred the restaurant, warm bread rolls and lemon sorbet provided free of charge, the vegetarian lasagne wad so good my husband had it twice. Handy for Bray and not far from kilmainham Gaol, Glasnevin cemetery, botanic gardens, just along the M50.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views of your recent stay at the Glenview Hotel.

I have passed on your lovely feedback to the team. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facilities in our Hotel and the surrounding areas and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We stayed at the glenview last weekend rooms 310 & 312 beautiful executive rooms at the front of hotel. Bright, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good but a little slow getting served. Dinner in the bistro was lovely good helpings well presented. Hotel is well situated for touring around wicklow. A scenic drive round Sally's glen is a must. Easy to find glenview exit junction 9. Thank you to all at glenview fir a lovely weekend.

Room tip: Executive rooms at front of hotel overlooking the glen
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jencodown_11

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel

It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again on a future occasion.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Stayed for a night on Sunday bank holiday weekend in a executive room. It was a good sized room and had a comfortable bed. I was a bit disappointed there was no fridge and reception said no rooms had fridges unless they were pre-ordered. There was a small flat screen TV and a coffee maker in the room plus 2 bottles of spring water. Overall the room was clean and in good order. The bathroom had ample room with a bath and shower and toiletries provided. Breakfast was good with cooked and continental options

Room tip: If you need a fridge you have to order with your booking
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay at the Glenview Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that overall you were happy with your accommodation and you enjoyed your breakfast. I am sorry you were disappointed that the room did not have a fridge. Please discuss with Reservations prior to your next visit and so we can pre-order a fridge for you.

We do you hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Glenview again soon.