1,184 results
All reviews leisure centre conservatory bar executive room woodland walk lovely hotel the outdoor hot tub kids club bit dated short break main restaurant relaxing stay last weekend beautiful location saturday night food was lovely bar food stayed here for one night
Reviewed 22 February 2016

I have nothing to add with regard to our stay last Saturday the 13th February. It was a lovely break and we enjoyed the food, the health centre, the room everything. Our stay was relaxing and excellent.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely break with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview on a future occasion.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

This has to be so far one of the best short stay hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in. From arrival to departure every need we had was catered for. Breakfast, lunches and dinners all a la carte. Delicious meals and desserts. We indulged in treatments from the therapists there, this was the only area I felt the need for improvement considering how big the hotel is a bigger area is needed to cater for this side of the business. The grounds are stunning plenty of walks available. Then relax in the outdoor hot tub and indoor swimming pool and leisure facilities. This place is amazing and I will definitely be back. Stunning and sensational and worth a visit if you ever in County Wicklow.

Stayed: October 2015
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am so pleased to read you had an "absolutely amazing" short break with us and you will definitely be back to visit us again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My husband spent a night here recently. It wasn't our first visit to this hotel. What I like about it. I love the reading lounge where you can sit for hours and read your paper or a book.our bedroom was fine but a little small. I kept bumping into the furniture. We dined in the main restaurant ...can't remember it's name but it wasn't the conservatory bistro. The food was pleasant but I felt a little overpriced. There is a woodland walk around the hotel but I couldn't do it as the ground was way too wet. I went for about a 15 minute walk around the road. What I really love about this hotel is the totally relaxed atmosphere and I would go there again purely to sit and maybe have afternoon tea in that lovely reading room

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you had a very relaxing break and you hope to make a return visit in the future.

Your continued custom is very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2016

As a business traveller had all i needed. free wifi, complimentary access to well equipped gym with current and modern equipment and parking. Ample areas in the foyer to relax and be able to work. Breakfast was as expected. Friendly staff all round.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am so pleased to read you feel the Glenview Hotel is "one of the best hotels you've stayed in in Ireland".

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Located just a few minutes out of Dublin (about 10 minutes drive from Dundrum Town Centre) but feels like you are in the middle of the country. Spent a Sunday night in January here and it was a lovely break. We got a fab room (I think it was 306 maybe) on the second floor looking out over the valley just above the hotel main entrance. The rooms are old but well kept and quite big, the bathroom was clean with adequate toiletries and a medium sized bath with shower. There were robes and slippers provided. We ate in the bar as the restaurant wasn't open Sunday night. The bar was lovely and cosy with open fire. The food choice was good and we were impressed with the standard and presentation. The hotel also has a pool, gym and spa but we didn't have time to make use of these facilities. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant on the first floor with amazing views over the Glen of the Downs. Good selection at buffet breakfast. Overall - great old style hotel, courteous helpful friendly staff, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of hotel for the views
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us including our location, your accommodation, your meal experience, our leisure facilities and the service provided by our helpful friendly staff.

I am delighted to hear you will definitely stay with us again. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion.

Kind regards