“Vegetarians / Vegans poorly catered for in the fine dining restaurant”
Review of Glenview Hotel

Glenview Hotel
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I went there for lunch this Sunday and was disappointed as a vegetarian to have only one a starter option (goats cheese), followed by only one main option (again of goats cheese) - quiche. I was not in a position to ask for further "off menu" options as I was a guest and did not want to make a fuss, but clearly the menu planner has given no thought to vegetarian eaters, and there were no vegan options at all. The accompanying side vegetables were tasteless, overcooked and most likely frozen, which is fine if I had been having bar food, but not what I expected from the prices charged. Likewise the quiche was not good, with a clash of flavours that did not sit happily together, and not what I would expect at a fine dining restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing meal experience in the Woodlands Restaurant.

It is unfortunate you did not mention this to one of our staff on the day, as the satisfaction of our guests is of highest priority and if we were made aware of your dissatisfaction we would have been more than happy to offer you another option.

I have passed your comments to the Chef for his attention. We really appreciate your feedback. All comments whether positive or constructive help us to improve our service to our guests..

I very much regret not having had the opportunity of resolving your dissatisfaction prior to your departure and I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Glenview Hotel on a future occasion to restore your confidence.

Kind regards

Brian McNamara

Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)

Reviewed 22 February 2016

I have nothing to add with regard to our stay last Saturday the 13th February. It was a lovely break and we enjoyed the food, the health centre, the room everything. Our stay was relaxing and excellent.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely break with us and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview on a future occasion.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

This has to be so far one of the best short stay hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in. From arrival to departure every need we had was catered for. Breakfast, lunches and dinners all a la carte. Delicious meals and desserts. We indulged in treatments from the therapists there, this was the only area I felt the need for improvement considering how big the hotel is a bigger area is needed to cater for this side of the business. The grounds are stunning plenty of walks available. Then relax in the outdoor hot tub and indoor swimming pool and leisure facilities. This place is amazing and I will definitely be back. Stunning and sensational and worth a visit if you ever in County Wicklow.

Stayed: October 2015
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am so pleased to read you had an "absolutely amazing" short break with us and you will definitely be back to visit us again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

My husband spent a night here recently. It wasn't our first visit to this hotel. What I like about it. I love the reading lounge where you can sit for hours and read your paper or a book.our bedroom was fine but a little small. I kept bumping into the furniture. We dined in the main restaurant ...can't remember it's name but it wasn't the conservatory bistro. The food was pleasant but I felt a little overpriced. There is a woodland walk around the hotel but I couldn't do it as the ground was way too wet. I went for about a 15 minute walk around the road. What I really love about this hotel is the totally relaxed atmosphere and I would go there again purely to sit and maybe have afternoon tea in that lovely reading room

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you had a very relaxing break and you hope to make a return visit in the future.

Your continued custom is very much appreciated.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview Hotel on a future occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed 19 February 2016

As a business traveller had all i needed. free wifi, complimentary access to well equipped gym with current and modern equipment and parking. Ample areas in the foyer to relax and be able to work. Breakfast was as expected. Friendly staff all round.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am so pleased to read you feel the Glenview Hotel is "one of the best hotels you've stayed in in Ireland".

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Of The Downs
5.7 km away
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Glenview Hotel? Share your experiences!