1,197 results
All reviews leisure centre conservatory bar executive room woodland walk lovely hotel kids club the outdoor hot tub bit dated family room main restaurant relaxing stay short break last weekend saturday night beautiful location food was lovely bar food
Reviewed 30 October 2012

If you have a car, it is very easy to get into Dublin, to the shore and into the mountains. Most of the staff is friendly. Nice breakfast.

Apparently booking a room doesn't mean the room is actually available when you arrive. We've booked a family room for 3 nights. But the first night we had to stay in a 2-person room with camp beds because no family room was available. There was no financial compensation.
Bathrooms are outdated. The pool is nice but very outdated. You have to wear swim caps!

Room tip: The family room is spacey and nice. Just make sure you get it when you've booked it.
3  Thank jorg_janssen
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Guest
Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I am sorry we did not have a family room available for your first night. I am delighted to hear we could facilitated your request for your other two nights stay.

I am also sorry to hear you felt our pool is very outdated. We ask our guests to wear swimming caps for health and safety reasons. I would like to apologize if this caused upset.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Glenview in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed for two nights earlier this year, my parents in a large spacious double room, I with 3 kids in a family room. Lovely views from the rooms. The service was excellent, very good value, staff were very courteous and couldn't do enough for us. My daughter is gluten intolerant and they had lovely gluten free bread for her. The rooms were warm, clean and modern.

I had a lovely facial in the spa which uses Dermalogica products. Gardens and nearby walks lovely, very convenient location to visit Greystones, Bray etc. Nice pool area, and above all, great value for money. Food was excellent too, both breakfast and dinner (we dined in both nights having originally only planned to eat there one night as part of the deal).

Room tip: They only have a limited number of large family rooms so book early if you need a bigger room.
Date of stay: March 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to the Glenview Hotel. I was delighted to read you and your family enjoyed many aspects of your visit including your accommodation, nice walks, your dining experience and your treatment in our Haven Beauty Rooms. It was lovely to hear the service and staff were excellent and you felt your stay was very good value. What lovely compliments.
Many thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

We visited this wonderful hotel for 2 nights.As we are both disabled I can advise staff in the hotel went out of their way to ensure our trip was as comfortable as possible.I also had the opportunity to use the leisure facilities and once again staff were very friendly.

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your very nice review. It was our pleasure.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2012

An excellent hotel which is the gatewa to the wickow mountains. The facilities in the hotel are good with a fantastic lesiure centre. The food for dinner was good with a wide range of choices. Staff cant do enough to help you. All in all an enjoyable stay.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We were delighted to read that you had a wonderful meal experience and thank you also for you very nice compliment about the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was my second visit to the Glenview Hotel and Leisure centre in as many years and I was delighted to find that the high standard experienced on my first visit was still present. From the time I entered the hotel at 11.30 a.m. (well before the normal checking in time) I felt my comfort mattered to all the staff. Early access to our room was no problem at all. The lunch we enjoyed in the bar was all the more enjoyable by the attentive and friendly staff. Over the next two days we thoroughly enjoyed good food, great service and a friendly atmosphere that this hotel should cherish and maintain. Equally enjoyable was the leisure centre that we used as much as we could considering the beautiful walks that can be enjoyed nearby. Well done all the staff of the Glenview.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank DublinSylvia

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We are delighted to read that you felt the high standard you experienced on your fist visit was still present. The staff are thrilled to hear your lovely compliments about them.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel very soon.

Kind Regards