1,177 results
All reviewsleisure centreconservatory barexecutive roomwoodland walklovely hotelthe outdoor hot tubkids clubbit datedshort breakmain restaurantrelaxing staylast weekendbeautiful locationsaturday nightfood was lovelybar foodstayed here for one night
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My wife & I checked in here on 9th June, I was taking part in the Wicklow 200 cycle event on the 10th June.
The hotel & it's staff were brilliant & couldn't have been more helpful, from the early breakfast with porridge on Sunday morning to the way my wife was looked after on Sunday by Sarah Jane in the spa, nothing was a problem.
Our room was very nice, with a gorgeous view over the Glen of the Downs & the bed was really comfy.
Our package included an evening meal & the standard of food we were served was absolutely superb, a pleasant surprise was that we got to choose our food from the restaurant menu & not some tatty old 'special' menu that a lot of hotels present to those guests who have an evening meal included in their package.The food in the restaurant was of fine dining standard, superbly presented & very tasty.
The leisure facilities were also of a high standard & the outdoor hot tub was a big hit with both of us, we will definitely be back to Glenview.

Room Tip: We had a room to the front of the hotel with a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank olivernone
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Many thanks for your really nice review. Sarah Jane is thrilled with the special mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night.We were looking for a relaxing night but unfortunately we didn't get that. Firstly we were given a room that stank of smoke so we asked to change rooms. Then we were given a room on the ground floor.The room was exremely crammed and there were kids running up and down the corridor all evening shouting and screaming.They knocked on our door at least 6 times.we complained and were told we couldn't change rooms as all other rooms were taken. We tried to get some peace in the leisure centre but the adult only time is only from 7 to half 7 on weekends and it all closes at half 7. We ordered food to the room, the menu was poor and overpriced and the quality of the food left a lot to be desired. We won't be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2012
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I am very sorry to read you had a disappointing stay with us. I am grateful for your feedback. I will review your comments with my management team and will take appropriate actions. I would very much appreciate if you would contact me directly to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

I had stayed here the previous month and I didn't give it a great review! From the room to the food but this time it was absolutely excellent and I stay in hotels every week! So well done and keep up the excellent work

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to read you thoroughly enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in this lovely hotel. The decor is slightly outdated and some of the housekeeping could be improved upon but apart from that it was an absolute delight. It is just about 20 minutes from the M50 and a million miles away from the hustle of the city. We ate in the Woodlands restaurant on two nights and in the Conservatory bar on the other night. The food was excellent in both and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was a huge affair andd you couldn't possibly attempt to eat all that was on offer.
It is an ideal location for exploring the delights of Wicklow.

Room Tip: We asked for a room at the front as they have better views, but the room we were given was at the end of a very long corridor, which would be a concern if anyone had mobility problems
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
BrianMcNamara, General Manager at Glenview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for sharing your review. I was delighted to read that your meal experiences in the Conservatory Bar and the Woodlands Restaurant were excellent and it gave me great pleasure to read your very nice comments about our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Glenview Hotel soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

My son and daughter-in-law celebrated their wedding here a few days ago,it was a wonderful event,the food was really lovely,the staff very helpful and friendly,the dj Tommy Greene was excellent,some of our guests were from overseas and they couldnt praise the event enough which was very pleasing to the family,those who stayed the night were delighted with their rooms and the ample buffet breakfast,the beautiful location overlooking the Downs made this a wonderful choice for a wedding venue.Thanks to all the staff who made this day very special.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the Downs
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I am delighted to hear your son and daughter-in-law's wedding day was a great success and the wedding guests couldn't praise the event enough which was very pleasing for all the family.

Many thanks for sharing your review.