1,176 results
All reviewsleisure centreconservatory barexecutive roomwoodland walklovely hotelthe outdoor hot tubkids clubbit datedshort breakmain restaurantrelaxing staylast weekendbeautiful locationsaturday nightfood was lovelybar foodstayed here for one night
999 - 1,004 of 1,176 reviews
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Pleasant helpful staff. delicious reasonably priced good food. great choice and selection of breakfasts with stunning view from the dining room . Kids club for kids with swimming pool and lovely walk around the woods. Good sized family rooms (some a little dark though - could you not cut those trees at the back and let light in?)

We just keep coming back here for family breaks because there is nothing to fault.

Thanks again for a lovely and memorable family break during mid-term and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: light floods into the front rooms but the back family rooms are dark
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 November 2011

Thank you so much for the comments the team will be delighted. keep an eye out for our great post Christmas deals for families. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Enjoyed a 4 night stay here. Booked with Supervalu breaks, 3 nights B&B for €99 per person incl. dinner.

Had e-mailed in advance requesting a room at the front which we got. Check in was very efficient and good information given about hotel facilities, etc. Room was nice and very clean.

Ate in the bar on the first evening, food was good but quite pricey, a more simple/economic menu may be better.

Dinner in restaurant on other evening was very good. Again, requested a table by the window which we got. Food in restaurant was very good.

Breakfast each morning was also good, decent choice at the buffet and service was efficient and prompt. Had lunch in the lounge one day which was fine, and served up by very friendly girl.

Used the swimming pool twice. First day was very busy with kids etc. Second day was quieter. Outdoor hottub seemed to be shut or out of order which was a pity. The changing rooms were in good shape, clean, etc.

Receptionist at check out was also very friendly and efficient, and enquired as to how stay was.

Overall, a very good experience and would definately return to this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 November 2011

Thank you for the lovely comments the team will be delighted, look out for our special offers over the coming months.

hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 November 2011

I feel a bit mean by not being more positive about this hotel as I can't really pick out anything too bad with it but to me it seems like a hotel that was once a very nice 4* hotel but unfortunately the years have not been too kind to it. Walking up the stairs to my floor the carpet was very worn. I paid for an upgrade room I don’t really know what that got me as the room was very basic maybe the other rooms were smaller I can't really comment on this but ours was just adequate. We did get a bottle of water in the room but I would have appreciated a glass to go with it and little things like a facecloth in the bathroom and body lotion just little things really but things that make all the difference between 3* & 4*. I was disappointed with both breakfast and dinner nothing really special and orange juice was terrible in the morning. I spent a weekend lately in a 4* lately in Westport and maybe that has tainted my view but that is what I call a 4* hotel. Unfortunately we stayed during the flooding on east side of country so it didn't help that we had to stay so much in hotel but the leasure centre was nice. Would I stay here again - if I had business in that area but not really for a leasure break.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 November 2011

Thank you so much for your comments I will ensure they are passed on to the team

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Myself and 27 friends stayed in the glenview Oct 15 for a work get together. we were given a function room at no extra cost. The food was great both in the bar earlier in the day and from the restruant on the night. breakfast next morning was also good. The rooms were clean, some bigger than others. Rooms had tea and coffee faciluties which I love as You can never have enough tea!!! This was our 2nd reunion in this hotel so I think this is recomendation enough!!!!

Room Tip: Upperfloor rooms may be larger than those on the ground floor!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 21 November 2011

Thank A million for the lovely comments, I will make sure the full team are aware of them. hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 24 October 2011

From the moment we checked in to our departure we were treated so well by very friendly and helpful staff. Food of such high quality we ate in hotel on both evenings. Staff were also knowledgeable on locality and gave perfect directions .

Room Tip: Rooms at front have wonderful view
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 21 November 2011

Thanks a million for taking the time to fill out such great comments. the team are delighted with the feed back.

Thanks again hope to see you soon