All reviews walled garden wedding venue the main house wedding reception from start to finish drawing room beef country house golf course sunday lunch drinks reception wonderful wedding next morning dietary requirements huge bathroom stunning grounds sea bass
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We had our Magical Wedding Day at Rathsallagh Country House on the 15th of September, 2017. It is such an amazing venue, from the beautiful gardens to the fabulous Pavillion and the relaxed atmosphere of the house, it made our wedding day a day we will never forget. The entire team made us feel like we were the only couple to ever get married!
We have received so much feedback from our guests on how friendly the staff were, the gorgeous bedrooms, stunning grounds and the amazing food right through from the canapes to the dinner and afters food. Plenty of our guests went for seconds & third's!! We have just received our photos from Couple Photography and we are over the moon, Rathsallagh is just so picturesque I don't know where we will start trying to choose the photos for our Album.
We cannot thank Joe , Catherine, Gillian , Julie, Stephen & all the team from Rathsallagh enough! We only wish we could do it all again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
JoeWicklowIreland, Owner at Rathsallagh House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

We are so glad to hear that you had such a fantastic day here at Rathsallagh and we thank you for writing such a great review for us and all the team here. Every wedding here is individually special to us , and is as important as the last or the next. Some of the team here have been with Rathsallagh for 20 and 30 years, we even have a number of 2nd generation team members and that innate sense of hospitality shows in how the staff look after our guests. We are not just a wedding venue however – that being said when a wedding is on here it takes over the house exclusively so there are no other guests – and we do have some weekend dates available this coming January , February, and April , so please do check our web site and come back and see us again soon and spend a nice quite romantic time at Rathsallagh. Thank you again and we wish you both long life and happiness. From all at Rathsallagh

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Where do I start!? I can not begin to express my thanks to the team at Rathsallagh House for such an amazing wedding day last month - just WOW. From the moment I arrived at Rathsallagh I knew it was my venue.
We met with Julie for our initial show around and it was a pleasure working with her right through to our wedding day.
We were looked after extremely well.
Everything on the day was perfect - the arrivals reception and pavilion were beautifully decorated - there are so many beautiful photo opportunities both inside and outside (the big tree is amazing!), the food was out of this world - both the wedding meal and the breakfast the next morning, stunning bedrooms.
The staff went above and beyond on the day for us and all of our guests. We have received such wonderful feedback from everybody. I have to mention Stephen in particular - he was absolutely fantastic on the day.
Our day was so relaxed from start to finish - a truly magical day.
Huge thanks to Joe, Julie, Stephen, Catherine, Gillian & all the team at Rathsallagh.
I can't wait to visit again soon.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for Rathsallagh. The food prep team are over the moon that you loved what they produced for you and your guests. Also Stephen and Catherine and their teams are thrilled to get special mentions. We are having our past wedding couples only night in early February next, although it is fully booked already please do let us know if you want to go on the wait list . Its a very special evening only for people who were married here at Rathsallagh House. It is so popular that we may even have to put a 2nd one on later next year. Thank you again and we wish you both long life and happiness. From all at Rathsallagh

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I cannot rave enough about this wonderful venue. I was here for my nephew's wedding with my husband and 2 teenage children, from the moment we arrived it was just perfect, the accommodation, food, staff and setting a truly beautiful hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review; we are delighted that you enjoyed Rathsallagh House

Reviewed 19 September 2017

I was a guest at a wedding here last weekend and I really had to come online to review it. What a fantastic place!

The wedding itself - wow! From start to finish, the staff were just superb. Literally, the best staff ever at a wedding and I've been a guest at about 27 weddings in the last 3 years in all the top venues in Ireland. The venue itself is stunning - grounds were perfect for photos and the amazing entrance the bride and groom had.
The house itself is lovely, really inviting and warm and homely. Great open spaces for guests as well as smaller living rooms with fires and massive chairs and couches. The meal was held in the marquee - decorated beautifully and doesn't actually feel like a marquee at all. It was a great space with the bar, tables and dancing area all open plan and then the bathrooms to the side which were huge and even had little chairs to relax on in there.
The food was fabulous - especially the lamb which went down an absolute treat and so many people got second helpings of it.
I've noticed service can really be lacking at dinner in so many venues with wine and food being served and they were faultless.

The next day, we all went for breakfast in the main house and it was divine, such a huge selection, sausages were gorgeous, can see why it has won so many best breakfast awards!
We then chilled out in the drawing rooms for a while before heading on, considering there was another wedding on that day, we were never made to feel like we needed to get moving or anything, it was everyone's home the entire time we were there.

We booked to stay in Eagle Lodge, it was so lovely - very close to the venue itself and beautifully laid out. The bedrooms were so comfortable, the beds were huge and the bathrooms were amazing- they also include bottles of both still and sparkling water in all the rooms. They have nespresso, tea/coffee and biscuits in the kitchen as well, which was a lovely touch, We ended up needing to add two more to the booking to stay on sofa beds in the living room. There was a bit of raised eyebrows during the booking for the girls staying there as it cost the same as staying in a normal rooms initially but once we arrived down, they realised it was actually two beautiful proper divan beds in the private living room (separate to the kitchen and dining area) so really. the spend is totally justified and I recommend it - they should definitely upsell the fact that these are no ordinary sofa beds!
I would say it is very good value staying there for what you get.

All in all, just an amazing wedding in an exceptional venue. A girl I know who was looking at Rathsallag for her wedding saw I had been there and asked me to give a review as she hadn't been at a wedding there before. After all my feedback and recommendations, think she is moving ahead to book it!

I can't recommend it enough and thanks to the staff for making everyone's weekend (not just the bride and grooms).

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
JoeWicklowIreland, Owner at Rathsallagh House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

That you so much for writing such a super and detailed review, we are all thrilled here that Rathsallagh appears to have worked its magic for you and of course the wedding party.
We are not just as wedding venue however and we have some lovely offers for Friday and Saturday nights coming on stream now for January 2018, and later on this month we will release dates for February 2018 as well. We would love to have you come and experience the bedrooms here at the main house as a change from Eagle Lodge, and of chose for these weekends there would be no weddings or other events on so you could enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquillity that Rathsallagh can also offer. Thank you once again for posting a great review. From all at Rathsallagh

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Had a family wedding here in August and had a brilliant time. Were met on arrival and shown a pre assigned parking space. A man then got our luggage and brought us to our spacious room. Hotel was open only to wedding guests, so anyone you met around the place were either guests or staff. The staff were all very professional and on top of their game. Lots of lovely seating rooms. Food was absolutely great and bar prices were about what you would expect and no price rises as the night went on.
I would highly recommend here for any such special occasion. Top notch.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to post you lovely review of Rathsallagh House. A wedding at Rathsallagh House is very special as you really do have the property exclusively to yourself and your guests.
Many establishments claim to offer the same service but may also have a restaurant to the side or other non wedding guests also staying which really then detracts from the true nature of exclusivity .
We are not just as wedding venue however and we have some lovely offers for Friday and Saturday nights coming on stream now for January 2018, later on this month we will release dates for February 2018 as well.
We can guarantee you that there would be no wedding on here on these dates so please so please do keep an eye out, we would love to have you come back for a relaxing stay to enjoy the peace, quiet and tranquillity that Rathsallagh can also offer. Thank you once again for posing a great review. From all at Rathsallagh