“A Landmark!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Sonic Drive-In
Ranked #17 of 35 Restaurants in Lexington
Description: Experience unique, drive-in dining with made-to-order food and more than 1.3 million drink combinations.
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Sonic has been The Lexington drive in for decades. Good service consistent food and fun atmosphere. Always stop when im in town.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

Went to Sonic in Lexington on 7/31/15 after work, it was around 10:30pm. The first problem I noticed was that they were allowing a gang of noisy, erratically behaving teenagers to run all over the premises, yelling and treating the area like their own personal playground, getting far too close to other vehicles in the process. It was pure chaos and to make matters worse, most of the carhops and even the worthless slug I later found out was the manager on duty were facilitating and encouraging this behavior.

I ordered a simple large milkshake, paid with my debit card, and proceeded to wait. And wait. And wait. In the meantime, cars that pulled up far later than me were receiving their orders, most of them milkshakes from what I could see. I waited a half hour before summoning a carhop to my vehicle where I told her how long I had been waiting. Showing no concern for how this could have happened, she just asked what flavor I wanted to which I replied to forget the flavor, I just wanted my money credited back to my account and a phone number so that I could contact corporate to report the horrible service.

She went and got her manager on duty and I repeated the same sentiments to him. In the end, I got my money back with forty minutes total wasted and my calm severely damaged by the idiot teenagers who couldn't sit still or keep their mouths shut. This particular Sonic used to be a semi-regular stop for me on the way home from work but not anymore. My tolerance for incompetence has grown too thin.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Sonic is in Lexington, Tn. about 10 miles from interstate 40. The old Sonic was tore down, Now we have a new Sonic. So it's nice and clean. They have a lot to chews from burgers, hot dogs, chicken, fries, tater tots, onion rings, all kinds shakes, sodas and sundaes.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

If you add flavors to ice or shake cost a lot of money . They do not tell you ahead . Buyer be ware.

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!