“Good BBQ”

Scott's Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I can only speak for the pulled meat and sides that I have had there. Over the years I have tried to get ribs or other items but since I don't plan ahead they have always been out so I have only had pulled meat and sandwiches. I have been in Lexington 25 years and have always got good lean pulled meat when I bought from them. The sandwiches I have had over the 25 years, maybe a dozen times. I have found good with no bone or gristle in the meat, like I have gotten at some places. The beans always have a good bit of meat but are nothing exceptional, but have never blown me away. I don't really care for the slaw but it seems to be made there. I like the potato salad myself but my wife doesn't. Overall I have never had what I would call a bad meal, when I ate there or taken home anything that was not good. There have been a lot of changes over the past 25 years at Scott's but I have not really noticed much change in the food. It is one of the few places in Lexington that I eat and has been consistent when I have. I can say that over the years in Lexington I have had BBQ that was total unfit to eat at other BBQ places(full of fat, gristle and actually tasted bad) which I have never had at Scotts.
It doesn't make me want to dance for joy when I eat there but I have always gotten a meal that was edible. There pulled meat has always been good lean meat which is what I like. I think some may think this is too dry, but I dont want it loaded down with sauce or fat to make it wet. I will not hesitate to go back and if I ever make it when they have their ribs I will try them someday.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Good BBQ for pork although I'm partial to BBQ being beef. About the best place for pork that I've been to.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Worlds Worst Barbeque. My first bad review but I have to do this. We were expecting great food as we could see a lot of locals and trucks. I ordered the chicken combo. The board had no explanation of what that was, so I had to ask. The server at the order window told me but she said it so fast and I felt like I had to order fast too. I got the coleslaw without mayo. It was with vinegar. That's exactly what I got. A container with only cabbage and vinegar. No salt or sugar. They put all the sugar in my container of beans because that's all I could taste. It was so sweet I couldn't taste the beans. The chicken was just chicken (no seasoning) on two big buns. I asked for mild sauce on the side. I like a little heat but smoke was coming out my ears. There was nothing I wanted to eat so I asked my husband for a bite of his ribs. Sadly, while they looked good, they were tasteless. Pork (moist and fell off the bones), without seasoning. I like my ribs to have a tiny tug to get it off te bone. They were clean bones and will make some great bone broth!

3  Thank Sherry C
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Scott's barbecue is the BEST barbecue in the South! My preference is pulled meat , but it is also chopped for those who prefer that option. Scott's has its own recipe hot sauce in mild or hot. Baked beans, mayonnaise or vinegar slaw, and baked beans are available side-dishes. Several menu choices have been added this year. These include barbecue chicken (white meat served pulled or chopped with an option for white sauce) and barbecue nachos. Scott's is located in a rustic building with a "to go" order area, and customers may order and eat on location in the dining area. Once you have been to Scott's, you will want to go often!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Bbq is good slaw is not but the people are so nice there and fast at service . We will go back for bbq