1,996 results
All reviews rosses point a business class room relaxation room bar food lovely hotel leisure centre wedding reception thermal suite steam room main course ben bulben top class both mornings last weekend following morning bar staff lovely room
Reviewed 4 January 2018

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Attended a wedding recently and stayed over. First time to this Hotel and enjoyed our stay. Great wedding location. Food and accommodation were good but was let down with certain aspects of the 4 star customer service, Reception (Fiona, please smile more and look as if you mean it), Bar Staff (Sean, please be less grumpy with paying customers), Breakfast service (Various, having to ask 3 times for my breakfast coffee is embarrassing.)

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear PatHickeyRio,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay with us.

Needless to say I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole and I appreciate also your constructive comments on how we may improve on various aspects of our service.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

I’ve stayed in this hotel previously but was shocked to discover that it was way back in 2011 & so, this one night stay felt like I was catching up with an old friend. Easy to find on the main road from Sligo to Rosses Point, I had no problem finding a parking space in the hotel’s free outdoor car park. Check in was quick, friendly & informative & I was in my room just a few short minutes after parking my car.
My non smoking room was large, bright, clean, comfortable & well equipped. With a carpet floor, very comfortable double bed, tv, fridge/minibar, tea/coffee, safe, smoke alarm, coffee table & armchair, clothes rail, large mirror, work desk & chair, iron, ironing board & trouser press, luggage rack, full length mirror & plenty of electrical sockets. Easy to control air con meant that room temperature was perfect. A large window meant plenty of natural light & blackout blinds did a great job of keeping that light out in the morning. No noise problems from inside or outside of the hotel & so, sleep quality was excellent. Free wifi was very good throughout the hotel, easy to connect to, fast & reliable.
The bathroom was a nice size, clean & modern with fully tiled floor & walls, bath, bath shower screen, bath shower mixer with head & hose on rail, good pressure & plenty of hot water, hairdryer, large mirror, small bottles of shampoo, shower gel & body lotion, plenty of towels & a wall mounted shaving/make up mirror.
I went down for breakfast before 09.00 & was seated immediately. Served buffet style there was a good selection available with cereals, toast, croissants, pastries, cheese, cold meats, full fry, fresh whole fruits, fruit slices, tea, coffee & fruit juices.
Checking out was quick & friendly.
This is a very good quality hotel & I know that I will be revisiting in early 2019 for a family wedding, so no six year gap until my next stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Gaildorfblues,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

I really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post your feedback and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back early next year if not before. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We had a family meal here on Christmas Eve. A four course meal was available for 35euro including a glass of wine.. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was seasonal. Staff were very friendly and professional. Excellent value on a special night.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Pat C,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent experience here at the Radisson.

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Christmas Eve dining. Thank you for your lovely comments about the food and the team here at the hotel. They'll be delighted to hear your feedback.

I hope it will not be too long before you return to us again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for a friends wedding.
We checked into our room and went straight to the drinks reception / wedding. During the meal we got a call to say our 8 month old was very sick and we had to return to Dublin ( three hour trip).
We went to reception to hand back our keys and I just explained why we were checking out. I didn't ask for a refund. The immediate response from the person at reception was "we won't be giving you a refund". He was no way concerned about our situation.
A few days later I sent an email to the main Radisson customer service email explaining that they need to improve their customer service. I got an automatic response to say the email had been received yet I never got a response to my email. I then followed up with a similar email to the Radisson Sligo email address and again no response.
I'm shocked that a world wide hotel chain with a perceived good reputation clearly places no emphasis on customer service. Very disappointing to say the least.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mocharlo
Seamus_Preston, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Mocharlo,

Thank your for taking the time to post your review about your recent visit to the hotel. As you can imagine we were all very disappointed to read about your experience and to learn of your disappointment.

I do hope that you’re your 8 month old child is feeling better and I am sure it was a shock to receive a call to be told of his/her illness.

I am terribly sorry that you have not received any acknowledgement of the email that you sent to Head Office or to the Radisson Blu Sligo. The hotel email address Info.Sligo@RadissonBLU.com at times is not monitored for e.g. at weekends, however you should have received an out of office message with alternative contact details, if this was the case when you sent the email.

I am also extremely sorry that you felt Tim on the front desk offered little or no empathy in relation to your situation. I have spoken to Tim and he does recall the conversation and he is also sorry that you felt he showed no concern. While Tim did explain that unfortunately he would be unable to offer you a refund, he felt he did explain that this was due to our cancellation policy. However when such unplanned family emergencies arise, an element of flexibility should be taken to each individual situation.

If you had a spare moment could you please email me your contact number and I will then call you directly to discuss your feedback – seamus.preston@radissonblu.com

Wishing you and your family a happy New Year and I look forward to speaking to you directly in the coming days.

Kind regards,