USD 89
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 106/night.

USD 117
USD 112
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 135/night.

USD 237
USD 211
USD 179
TripAdvisor
1,747 results
All reviewstayto parkred barplay roomswimming poolkids clubfamily hoteldublin zoofamily breakgreat pooltwo double bedsnext morningchanging roomslovely hotelbar foodgreat facilitiesleisure facilitiesminute drive
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Stayed here for one night to be close to Tayto Park. It's a mixed bag review. Room was expensive €149 for one night with no breakfast but it is what it is. The room was lovely however the bathroom door would not close fully. As a mum with two teenage boys this was an issue for me, I had to wedge a towel against it to try and keep it closed. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was lovely however the service was a shambles. Young staff who have not a clue about customer service. We had to ask at the bar for menus after waiting for a very long time, had to ask to have the table cleaned before our meal, and had to ask for our table to be cleared after we finished our meal. One of the young boys did mention they were short staffed. It was ridiculous though when you are paying €60 for a meal for 3 to have those standards. Due to these issues I am not sure if I would return at that price.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathy M
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Kathy M,
Thank you for offering some feedback in regards to your recent visit with us. I am sorry to learn that you did not fully enjoy our hospitality due to slow service and I have passed this on to our Food & Beverage Manager. Rest assured that he will use your feedback in a constructive manner to close this apparent gap in our services. The other kind comments have also been passed on to our team who I know will treasure them. I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne so that we can improve on your impression of us.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great location for tayto park. Nice clean spacious rooms. Great swimming pool. Playroom for smaller kids with lovely seating area just outside the door if parents want to relax for 5mins! Kids club and movie after which was great. Lovely bar area but unfortunately food was not great. Breakfast was just ok too. Nothing special about it. Have to say I enjoyed the hotel but it lacked a bit of atmosphere for me. The only receptionist with a smile and a personality was the lovely Keira, the other 3/4 that I met didn't seem to want to be there. Would recommend and would stay against because of the location and facilities.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Ros3008,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was thrilled to learn that you enjoyed our hospitality due to the location and the facilities. The comments about the food have been communicated to our Head Chef for his individual consideration. The kind comments about the cleanliness of the rooms, great swimming pool, lovely playroom, great entertainment for the children and the friendly staff are greatly appreciated and I have passed this on to our team. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is a great hotel with alot of facilities. The bar has been redone and now in my view pulls me in more. Its a calming atmosphere. Definitely think about this hotel if you are staying in the area. In my view the best around here ( from a local who has family stay in from overseas) if visiting Tayto Park then this is the hotel as it also does deals including free entry.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Kevin A,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was pleased to learn that your impression of us is great due to our newly refurbished bar with a great atmosphere. The kind praise have been passed on to our team who I know will appreciate them. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Never met staff as rude in my life in time bar and restaurant, was only travelling through stopped for some food and drinks. Asked if they took sterling the bar man walked away laughing and said why would we, called the manager to talk to him he didn’t even ask what the problem was and walked away.. one said we could use our card instead of cash but the other bar man said we couldn’t use our card.... they hadn’t a clue and the manners were awful.. no way will we be back

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank kendraxx
Darrell P, Guest Relations Manager at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear kendraxx,
Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback regarding your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was obviously disappointed to learn of your experience with us and I urge you to contact me through andre.konings@pillohotelashbourne.com so that we can discuss this directly. Unfortunately, we do not accept any foreign currency in our outlets, but we do have this service available at reception and only for guests staying over. I can assure you that all credit cards are accepted in the hotel and this should have been communicated to you. Please accept my full and sincere apology for this. I also do hope that you will visit us again so that we can improve on your impression of us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We visited the Pillo and we were well impressed with the new “Time” bar/restaurant, food was A1 and likewise the service in both places. Reception ladies couldn’t do enough for us on arrival even tho there was a big queue waiting to check in, everyone was given the same attention. Clann fitness/pool was as you’d expect, spotless. Darrell, Andre and there staff are certainly doing a brilliant job at the pillo and it shows. This wasn’t our first time here AND it certainly wouldn’t be our last, see ye again SOON

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Graham M,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us on tripadvisor. I was pleased to learn that you continue to enjoy our hospitality and that you will visit again soon. The kind comments about the new facilities, great food, service and friendly staff have all been communicated to our team who I know will treasure them as much as I did. We are looking forward to welcome you back to The Pillo Hotel & spa Ashbourne in the very near future.