“Looking for donkeys”
Review of Newbarn Farm

Newbarn Farm
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Ashbourne
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The children wanted to go to see donkeys and so having researched, we decided to go to the farm.
A bit disappointing as there were only two donkeys, a few goats, some pigs,two calves and ducks and geese. Also beware as the animals are kept in fields by an electrified fence, which, when touched by eager kids trying to reach the animals, will give them a small shock and which also keep the animals away from the visitors.
Good farm shop though, as well as an excellent restaurant (See separate reviews on the Donkey Shed Restaurant)

All reviews
"goats"
in 5 reviews
"visitors"

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely staff, excellent food and the kids love visiting the animals. Bring a shopping bag too for some fresh meat and vegetables from the farm shop

3  Thank Amy J
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My third time being reluctantly dragged along here...I find the food average and I cannot get a decent sausage on a brekkie favourite of Full Irish..they serve Cumberlands instead of our traditional choice...and given I have gone here for a breakfast I find their version of it below par and a good few locals feel that way too but they insist on going back!...Yes it is a busy place and is populated by families because of the petting farm attraction and others seem to enjoy it but for me there will be no 4th time...I have mentioned the sausage travesty 3 times to the proprietors but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears!!..eggs are great though!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My son brought me to Lunch last month in The Donkey Shed Restaurant which is on the old Dublin road out of Ashbourne...It was very busy so we had to wait, but just for a few minutes.Unfortunately we were under a tight time restraint,so we didnt get a chance to relax and enjoy the lovely restaurant.However,my son ordered ribs and he was very impressed ,He said "there were lots of them and they were delicious"...I had the slow cooked beef..again my beef was so delicious and it just melted in my mouth...There was so much of it that I couldn't finish it....Staff were very courteous and efficient...I fully recommend The Donkey Shed and we will be back again for sure.

1  Thank Jim O