All reviews food court leisure centre restaurant bar kids loved the pool lovely pool swimming pool games room comfortable hotel kildare village stayed for one night room was spotless keep up the good work saturday night great selection family room food was lovely would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We arrived in Dublin an hour late only to find SIXT rental car desk closed until 5:00 am. We had called them from New York to let them know we would be late and they said no problem as long as we arrived by 2:00 and we were there at 1:15. Ended up sitting at the airport until they opened. We had already paid and booked our hotel at Maldron. We arrived at 7 am and they were so kind. They said we could have a late checkout without us even us asking. Room was terrific. Included breakfast which was terrific as well.

Date of stay: October 2018
LisaS4867, Sales & Marketing Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear JenaetteD268,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay after your problems at the airport. I do hope we can welcome you back here sometime in the future.

Lisa Sinnott

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

My sister and I ate here last Sunday and the food was delicious especially our main courses of tagliatelle and the fillet of cod. Service was very quick. Staff very friendly. Good prices. What more could you want?

Trip type: Travelled with family
LisaS4867, Sales & Marketing Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear ForeverCountry,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you found the food delicious and our staff friendly. I hope we can welcome you back here in the near future.

Lisa Sinnott

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant reception staff and welcoming
Rooms clean, good size and comfy beds, table de hotel dinner menu just basic, potatoes reheated, would have liked freshly cooked ones, not very appealing. Booked advertised package, no spa places available. You have to contact spa yourself independently, so you could be left paying for something you won't get. Be aware, not good.

Trip type: Travelled with family
DarrenH2650, Manager at Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear akellymul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I have passed your comments to the head chef regarding the potatoes, while this is not the feedback that we receive in relation to our food quality please accept my apologies. For guest visiting treatment rooms, we would always advise a reservation too avoid disappointment as it is very popular. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very dirty wouldn’t recommend it at all. Stayed here with my family the other night there was a awful smell in the room the carpets were dirty the bed wasn’t made right just like the sheets were pulled up on it. When I was in the shower I noticed two long black hairs on the bath I’ve short blonde hair so does my daughter stay away

1  Thank Katie11811

Dear Katie11811,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and never receive feed back like what you have shared with us. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

We just decided to book a deal last min, we arrived and found the hotel room was spotless, can't fault on that, we went down for dinner the restaurant wasn't busy, no atmosphere, we ordered our food veg soup was OK, the main was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life, the beef looked like it was reheated in a microwave it was dry and disgusting I wnt give it to my dogs, we had drinks, over charged me, the smell of sewage or something else from the toilets were disgusting,I wanted to leave at 9 last night my partner convinced me to stay, I was that hungry I got a takeaway from the local chip shop, breakfast was OK, I wnt return here better places to stay

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Damien,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.