All reviews drawing room other guests slieve bloom mountains green room great hosts hidden ireland open fire amazing weekend lamb relaxed environment incredible food scones old world family home course dinner hen party unique experience
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Spent an amazing weekend here. We were a group of 9 - family and friends. I loved everything about it. It is first of all a family home - young energetic couple Hannah and Paddy and their absolutely gorgeous children. From the moment you arrive to when you leave they make you feel part of their family. We also had two very young children in our party and they were also well looked after. Paddy is the chef- food to remember. We had our own dining area and it was perfect. Surprise at end of evening was when Paddy arrived guitar in hand and gave a brilliant performance. He can sing!! Look I could go on and on about how great things were but I almost want to keep it a secret By the way the library is stunning. Well done to everyone in Roundwood House. Keep doing what you are doing

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vivienne164
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Thanks to Hannah and Paddy perfect hosts and your country house is a wonderful hidden gem just a short hop from Dublin great base for walking in the area.
A relaxing family run hotel with excellent gourmet food, Lovely large clean room, exactly as you would expect with period features.
Hospitality second to none, delicious 5 course meal, drinks by the fire in the drawing room, Good craic with the other guests, great breakfast, plus we never got the time to relax in the library room, next time !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2018

There is an air of contentment from the moment you arrive, the dog is comatose and unable to open an eye or notice our arrival, cats snooze in the sun, hens scratch in the grass, and you can hear someone singing and playing the guitar in the distance.

Hannah and Paddy are the ideal hosts, they are so flexible and relaxed, you never feel that you are putting them out nor anything but welcome in their home, they really like to have you and are interested. Their lovely daughters are similarly at ease with guests and happy to chat, just delightful. This is about as far removed from an hotel as you could get, it is like staying in a friends. So if worn cushions or cracks in the plaster bother you, stick with The Travelodge.

The rooms are comfortable and warm. The food was lovely. Paddy not only cooks but will entertain you afterwards and is very talented in both fields. If you are travelling alone this would be a great place to go as you will spend the evening with your fellow guests, dining is communal and there is lots of chat in front of the fire. Of course if solitude is what you are after it may not be ideal!

There is a great library which would be brilliant for a group to hang out in or to have a small party. I would highly recommend staying in Roundwood House, it's just charming and relaxed.

Room tip: I like the rooms to the front because they were sunny and bright.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

I spent a couple of days working from Roundwood House recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great location, really friendly family that run it and superb food all day! Highly recommend it, whether for a romantic get away or a work meeting spot!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I loved my stay at Roundwood House, with Paddy and Hannah Flynn. They and their staff made me feel so comfortable. I was there at the end of a long trip, so just wanted to walk and take it easy. A great place to do so! I liked the dining with other guests and the food was fantastic! I would definitely try to go back one day!

Date of stay: September 2018