“Lovely accommodation, friendly staff but no hot water.”

Maudlins House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Naas
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I stayed solo in the lodgings outside the main hotel. Very well appointed, comfortable and warm, even if there was no flatscreen TV. Gorgeous breakfast and staff were friendly. However, there was no hot water in the shower on the morning of departure. This hotel would have gotten 4 stars off me otherwise.

Room Tip: Check to see that there's hot water when you check in.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Maudlins House Hotel

Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is a little smasher of a hotel. I got it for €70 for 1 nite. We stayed in the bungalows on the left of the hotel it was like it's own little house. The rooms are lovely very comfy, the beds could do with duvets as it was cool at night but it wasa lovely room. I was a bit disappointed as I arrived at 3.45 and the room still wasn't ready. I had to wait till near 5 to get in. I got a complimentary coffee which was nice. We ate in the bar, pasta and chicken! Probably the nicest pasta ive ever had ever and I like pasta! If I'm in naas again I'll definatley stay again, even if irony stay I'll be back for the food. The breakfast was nice too but we gotup late so it was nearly Gone. they had a choice of everything fruit, fry etc! The hotel is so nice from the inside it's gorgeous!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank BootzB
Reviewed 16 October 2011

this hotel is a little gem. Received a very warm welcome on arrival and the rooms were very spacious and clean. Food was delicious and the staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. Looking forward to returning in the near future.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed here recently and was very disappointed. Admittedly I got a very good rate but at the same time I expected more.

The hotel room was in poor state, the hotel badly needs to invest in a proper carpet cleaner. The stains on the carpet were a disgrace. the bedding was not any better, I was surprised that the bathroom was clean and modern. Breakfast was OK only, fresh orange juice which was a plus but the rest was poor.

Would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We were recently competing at Mondello race circuit near Naas and booked into this hotel for two nights. We arrived the first afternoon after spending the day in torrential rain, cold, wet, tired and hungry and driving through the rapidly darkening evening found a very gloomy looking building! All doubts were dispelled as soon as we arrived in the lobby however - the building is beautiful inside and the room (with the much appreciated rainmaker shower and underfloor heating in the en suite given how cold and wet we were!) was perfect. We ate in the bar which supplied good food and Guinness at a very reasonable price and in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. On discovering we would be leaving before the official breakfast time the next morning to get to the circuit the staff arranged to have the night porter put out a cold buffet breakfast for us. Definitely went the extra mile and brilliant value for money. I know where we'll be staying if we're racing at Mondello again next year!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank scottishsharpy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naas
1.3 km away
12.9 km away
The Keadeen Hotel
The Keadeen Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newbridge

Been to Maudlins House Hotel? Share your experiences!