USD 149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cois Caolaire(Spiddal)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2015

An excellent modern house in a quite and pleasant location,large ensuite room beautifully decorated and comfortable furnished.Plenty of wardrobe and storage space and very comfortable bed.Excellent breakfast cooked and presented to perfection.Kathleen is a very friendly and helpful host.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We stayed here a while ago but at the time I could not find this place on Trip Advisor. The term B&B does not do justice to the place. The rooms and furnishing are of a quality I would expect in a top quality international hotel. The breakfasts are superb whilst Tom, Kathleen and family the perfect hosts.What more can be said.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank snotax
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great location if you're planning on taking the ferry to the Aran Islands. While not exactly charming, this modern B&B boasts huge bed rooms and bathrooms that are spotlessly clean and extremely comfortable. Would highly recommend this B&B unless old world charm is what you're looking for, in which case, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The perfect little spot to relax and enjoy the comforts of home. We stopped in during the "off-season" Tom and Kathleen were just lovely and were more than happy to assist us in anyway. Bedroom and bathroom were both clean and open, plenty of room to relax and get some proper rest. Now we went into Barna (about 10 minutes away) and enjoyed a fabulous meal at Donnellys because Spiddal is a bit quiet in January then we returned to park the car at Sea Mist and set out for the night. You could walk right into town so we figured best way to make some room for a drink or two was to do just that, so we did. We were lucky to enjoy some of the nightlife as we had front row seats for a proper seisiún (because I LOVE Irish Traditional Music) at Hughes.

Oh yeah, back to Sea Mist - Tom and Kathleen made sure we were well attended to and they even went out to get Green Tea for my travel buddy. They left a nice tin of biscuits for us to snack on, were we so inclined ( I was tempted by the digestives for sure). The bed in our room was large and soft and easy to sleep in (I'm a terrible sleeper) the bathroom had a large bathtub and a nice shower tucked into the corner. I suppose for some the tv may have been in an odd place and not large enough, but I generally don't travel with the intention of watching the tele. Internet access was obtainable but not easy to keep the signal until you found a good spot and remained there. Breakfast was huge and we left stuffed... but if we weren't Tom was ready to get out some more rashers and eggs... I never at once felt as if they wanted to rush us out the door and had we a bit more time we may well have lingered a bit longer. Everything felt very lived in and homely... it was easy to wind down.

Overall I was very pleased and I hope to return again someday. I simply could not have asked for nicer hosts. We may have had extra joy because we were the only guests that night but I think even with a full house you'll find the service at Sea Mist to be favourable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank MykeRivera
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed here on a recent visit to the area. On arrival, we were met by a friendly face and a warm fire in the entrance hall. Tom and Kathleen were wonderful hosts, going above and beyond for us. Both the bedroom and bathroom were immaculate and very spacious. With with wall to wall wardrobes in the bedroom and a full size bath and separate shower in the bathroom it was like a home away from home. Attention to detail in the entire house was second to none. Cooked breakfast, served by Tom in a very homely dining room, was wonderful and left us not wanting a single bite more! It is situated in a good location less than 50 meters off the main road to Spiddal, which is less than a mile, with a footpath all the way. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The room had its own thermostat!! Big plus!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends