“May Just Be the Best Around These Parts...”
Review of Casa Fiesta

Casa Fiesta
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Lenoir City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had a nice restaurant picked out for dinner but we decided to avoid the weather related traffic issues and dine closer to home. Our friends Norm and Linda planned to go with us and when we suggested Casa Fiesta Mexican Restaurant and Grill for dinner, they gave it their enthusiastic endorsement. It turned out that this is their favorite local Mexican restaurant…

We arrived early, at about 5 PM so Casa Fiesta wasn’t busy yet. By the time we finished and were ready to leave, the restaurant was packed! Not bad considering it was the Tuesday after Labor Day… We sat in the larger dining room but the other side of Casa Fiesta has a smaller dining area and a small bar. As with most Mexican restaurants, the décor is colorful and upbeat.

Of course the server automatically started us out with the usual basket of tortilla chips and salsa. A small dish of bean and cheese dip was also served with the chips. Except for myself, everyone else at the table loves guacamole so Norm ordered a big bowl of Guacamole Dip for the table. ($4.75) It was enthusiastically consumed down to the last bits…

As usual in a Mexican Restaurant, the menu was huge…with 4 pages loaded with a wide variety of selections. Linda chose her dinner from the section of new dinner offerings. She had the Burrito Texano. ($11.99) It consists of shrimp, steak, chicken and onions with cheese over the top and it was served with lettuce, tomatoes and more guacamole. A ‘to go’ box was requested so that none of her meal would be wasted…

Norm also picked his entrée from the new dinner selection. He had the Burrito Norteno. ($8.99) In this instance, it consisted of a flour tortilla filled with eggs, shredded chicken (or beef) and covered with cheese sauce accompanied by lettuce, sour cream and rice.

My wife loves quesadillas. She was very happy to spot the Quesadilla Loca on the menu. ($6.99) This tortilla was filled with melted cheese, spinach and mushrooms…and then it was grilled. She really liked it and said that she’d definitely order it again!

I was happy to note that Casa Fiesta has a ‘sauce’ bar, stocked with everything from a green sauce all the way up to a couple of very hot spicy versions. I got a cup of one of the hotter versions plus a few jalapeno slices in preparation for my dinner… My entrée was the Chili Colorado. ($10.99) It included broiled sliced strips of steak in a red chili sauce and it was served with Mexican rice and beans along with 4 soft tortillas on the side. I’ve had Chili Colorado in at least 4 other area Mexican restaurants…and this was easily the best of them all!

After those big meals plus the chips, salsa and guacamole, sensible folks would have called it a day… We just aren’t sensible folks. It was dessert time! Norm ordered the Sopapilla. ($1.99) These deep fried tortillas were topped with honey, whipped cream and chocolate sauce. My wife ordered the Flan. ($3.49) The traditional Mexico City style crème caramel was buried under this mound of whipped cream, caramel, chocolate sauce and as you can see, it was topped by a cherry. Although this seemed to be an unusual way to serve flan, Laurie said that it was very good…

Linda decided to try the Fried Chimichanga. ($3.99) This dessert comes with a mixture of apple or bananas with nuts, butter, cinnamon and sugar rolled into a flour tortilla and fried, then covered with whipped cream, caramel and chocolate sauce. She cleaned her plate... My choice was easy… I love top quality Churros! Casa Fiesta’s version of this deep fried Mexican treat was especially tasty… They were filled with apples, and then coated with cinnamon and sugar. Casa Fiesta must have overbought whipped cream, chocolate sauce and caramel…but it all worked well with the churros…

Service was fine, the restaurant was clean and the food was superior.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Good Mexican restaurant, lunch portions are large and good. Service is typical for a Mexican restaurant. Fast and friendly

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoy eating at Casa Fiesta every week and the staff are very courteous and take care of us like family..the food is always hot and delicious and very filling...the margaritas are the best!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Very very good food. HUGE selection of tasty morsels. I ate chili rellanoes and they are breaded then fried. Salsa is mild but is ok. Great place for Mexican food, I always dine here when I am in town.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I have visited Casa Fiesta at least 10 times and have found it to be the best Mexican food in Lenoir City. Quick service, very friendly staff and cold beer.