“Idyllic coastal retreat in an utterly captivating...”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Daniel M
London, United Kingdom
“Idyllic coastal retreat in an utterly captivating location - can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My wife and I spent a wonderful, restorative week in the fantastic West Wing - the perfect base for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life in London, and absorbing the stunning surroundings of the Connemara coast and mountains. The property had everything we wanted and more for a truly relaxing, and luxurious break. The cosy fire, beautiful furnishings, super-comfortable bed and linens and the amazing bath tub made us feel truly spoilt! The peaceful location, with its uninterrupted views up to Cashel Hill (absolutely worth the bracing but rewarding climb for the unrivalled views across the bay and surroundings mountains!) and the ever-changing aspect of the sea a short walk away at the bottom if the drive, was simply magical. Having access to the reading room was a totally new experience for us and and an absolute joy - so many fascinating books to explore, and nowhere near enough time! We also made good use of the pool table. The charming town of Roundstone was a short and beautiful drive (or bike ride) away, and has some fabulous dining options. Our particular favourites were Vaughan's and the Bog-Bean cafe. We also enjoyed some great live music in the Shamrock pub. In every respect we had a fantastic break at this gem of a property and can't wait to return.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
NollaigBr...
Waterford, Ireland
“Secluded and Inspirational”
Reviewed 29 April 2016 for a stay in December 2015

I arrived in Doonreagan during one of the most severe weather alerts over the Christmas period. What a joy to pull up outside this beautiful stone building, the welcome light in the hall leading me to my sanctuary for the coming week. I had been looking for a quiet place to do some writing over the break and this fitted the bill perfectly. My morning walks up Cashel Hill or around Cashel Bay were particularly enjoyable and the sunsets were to die for. The accommodation was warm, comfortable, very well equipped and tastefully decorated – note, the bath is truly excellent! The fire and comfy couch in the living space made for an ideal spot for cosying up on the long winter evenings and the proximity to Cashel Bay Hotel (walking distance) was perfect for an afternoon coffee or sneaky pint. I wrote a lot in Doonreagan – much more than I anticipated. The place has a ‘creative energy’ and I can’t wait to go back. It is also an ideal base to discover that part of Connemara and I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location - stunning
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing