“The island of friends that you never knew you had!”

Thomas Faherty Tours
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Inishmore
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a trip with Thomas Faherty around the island in a pony & trap, and see the beautiful sights of Inis Mor the old-fashioned way. Pony & trap tours are a family tradition and date back to the 1940s. You will hear wonderful stories and interesting island histories, all while taking in the amazing surroundings at a picture friendly pace. Stops are made along the route to let visitors explore. You can look for seals during low tide and hike up to Dun Aonghasa. But what makes Thomas and his tours so different? He likes to point out what other tourists may never get the chance to see, or have even heard about. Like the wormhole. No matter the length of your stay on the island, whether you wish for a private tour for two or an afternoon jaunt for ten, a tour can be arranged. that accommodates to your plans.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great tour sharing the trip with families from all over in a land like this is truly magical. Rog and Freddie were a beautiful team of horses and Thomas was an excellent host providing information on the island, it’s people, culture and history. He made us all feel like family. Great day of touring love Inis Mor and cannot wait to visit again, when we do we will certainly look up our new friend Thomas Faherty and his team of horses.

1  Thank allenaa2018
"wonderful stories"
in 3 reviews
"short notice"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"read some reviews"
"covered wagon"
"beautiful horse"
"dun aengus"
in 11 reviews
"seal colony"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Thomas took us on a family spin around to Poll na Bpeist and Dun Aonghusa. It was on our bucket list. My four and six year old was with us. We walked the cliffs. It took us about an hour and a half just to walk that. Not for the faint hearted. Good walking shoes recommended. Thomas stopped to allow us take pics and offered to let us spend time as we liked. Took an evening tour and it was just the most spectacular evening ever. He made our trip and my girls thought the world of him. He also has a beautiful guesthouse called the Seacreast. Very close to all amenities in Kilronan.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Niamh took us on a tour of the Island and she shared her love of the land and of the island with us. Truly the best way to learn about a place is from someone who loves it!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Niamh gave an excellent tour! Can't recommend enough - we Really enjoyed our tour around the island.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 February 2018

This is by far the best way to get around the island. I am not in peak physical shape, not out of shape either, and believe the bike tours would have left me too tired to enjoy anything. The trap and pony tour however, is fun, lets you rest between hikes, and is informative. It was very rainy, windy, and there was a lot of road construction so we missed a few spots I would have liked to see. I do not blame the tour guide for this, because I did not say up front what my priority list was, my fault not theirs. I am still quite satisfied with the trip and price.