“Awful, Awful Restaurant”

Il Ponte Nuovo restaurant Lucan
Ranked #13 of 32 Restaurants in Lucan
Price range: USD 16 - USD 29
Description: Welcome to your local Italian eatery open 7 days a week with amazing value for money great atmosphere and great service. We believe in offering fresh food to our customers starting from our pizzas which are and stretched and cooked on our stone baked oven at 450 degrees making the delicious tin base crispy pizzas in town our early bird is available all night Monday to Friday Sat sun till 7pm.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

It's not often today in Ireland that you find yourself in a restaurant that's virtually beyond words in it's awfulness. Over the years, such places have been weeded out and shut down from lack of custom or closed down by vigilant Health Inspectors.
Not so, the quaintly named Il Ponte Nouvo which has just received my dubious honour of being 'SIMPLY THE WORST RESTAURANT IN DUBLIN". Congratulations!
Myself & my husband dined here on Saturday night, it took 40 mins for our drink order to arrive, another half hour for our starters to arrive and then 40 mins after our plates were removed then our mains arrived, I ordered a seafood pizza and my husband had lasagne ????? Sweet suffering Jesus, but this was an un-holy mess, an abberation under God and nothing like any LASAGNE I've ever seen. It had all the appearance of being something that was left on a pavement after a hard evening's drinking - not only unappetising in appearance, it's scent was in a word 'ribald'. Fat globules were already congealing in apt rainbow colours in what passed for the sauce. We both had a few seconds of wide-eyed disbelief while we examined the dish further. Now, the beef was something that could have been served in a famine era workhouse – the majority of it was fat, the actual beef was scant to non-existent and congealing liquid fat in the sauce just raised the disgust level. The only vegetables served were hunks of over-grown carrot hacked with a slash hook, an ignorant lump of potato and nothing else. How on earth could anybody with even the most limited degree of cooking skills produce something like this?I returned the dishes to the waitress who simply stared back at me with incredulity that I dared do such a thing. ‘Whats wrong with it’? was asked with pursed lips and crossed arms . I explained. ‘Right then’ as she snapped the dishes. ‘Whatchawant instead’? My husband requested steak... What can go possibly go wrong with that dish? Well it came out to him and was the size of a postage stamp and chewy and not cooked rare but burnt !!!
We asked for the bill and not even a good will gesture of a dessert to make up for the bad rude service and awful food. Nothing to recommend the restaurant other than a friendly warning – GO ELSEWHERE.

7  Thank jessicaspencer3333

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went here for Mothers Day. Ordered starter which was chicken wings they were nice.. we then waited over 50 minutes for the main course to arrive.. they came over to apologies for the wait.. when the main did arrive the potatoes on both dishes were hard as a rock and not nice.. My mother told the girl this and she offered to replace this but as we had waited so long we didnt ask for a replacement meal.. When I went to pay we were not offered any money off or even a drink as a good will gesture after waiting so long and after getting hard potatoes. I paid €76... I wont be going back there again

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Exactly what Lucan needs. Great food with great prices. Service was excellent. Our new favourite place.
Only negative is the walls need painting in some places.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Our family of 4 had a birthday dinner here and the food was delicious. I can honestly say I haven't had a better spaghetti meatballs anywhere. We had 2 other pasta dishes and a pizza at the table and everyone was very happy with their choice. Starters were also delicious. I'd recommend this gem of an Italian on our doorstep very highly.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Have been before it was good that is why we returned but this this was amazing it was good before but even better now.

We had the Christmas menu what a wonderful selection and good value the kids menu is also very good great selection and good value. The desserts are amazing the waitress said all desserts are home made they certainly where as the last time we came they weren’t but still good. Fare play to everyone involved top class. See you soon I would definitely recommend this place and people can see for them self.

1  Thank BallysaxAdriana2012