All reviews drawing room four poster bed beautiful dining room her daughter other guests peace and quiet wonderful hosts yogurt moment you arrive next morning wonderful stay antique furniture course dinner warm hospitality fruit cake cooked breakfast turned down
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Stayed here for 4 nights and did not want to leave, the house, the area, peace and quiet was second to none. The evening meal was superb. Our host Bobbie was just so lovely. I will definitely stay there again. I loved our vast room and 4 poster bed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016

We stayed in Lorum Old Rectory in September for a special birthday celebration for a quiet getaway. The host Bobbie was lovely and we enjoyed welcome tea & cake on arrival by a lovely log burning fire. The evening meal was superb and served in the most beautiful dining room again with a lovely fire with just the two of us by candlelight. The home made bread at breakfast time was just perfect too. Bobbies collection of roses are just lovely and on the way home we purchased two pink rose bushes. We will return again for a special treat.

Room Tip: The Blue Room was lovely and large with lovely views.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niamh B
Reviewed 29 October 2015

From the welcoming cup of tea to the drinks by the open fire, to the excellent five course dinner in an appropriately gracious setting, to a comfortable room where everything worked, to a huge range of fruit, bread and cooked breakfast, the experience was uninterrupted self indulgence. We will be back to Lorum.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martyn T
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

A wonderful guesthouse in the County Carlow countryside.

The host, Bobbie, is a wonderful lady who provides a fantastic service.

The house is decorated very tastefully. I'm sure it has not changed very much over the years, but it's kept extremely well and with a lot of love, I'm sure.

Our bedroom, the blue room, was beautiful, very comfortable and had two great views.

The study and dining room both had welcoming fires in the evening. The dining room even had one in the morning while you enjoyed breakfast.

The breakfasts were probably the best I've had in an Irish guesthouse. A huge array of tasty fruit, including fresh raspberries from the garden. Homemade bread, freshly squeezed orange juice and excellent coffee. A full Irish if you wanted it or a smaller selection of items from said full Irish. Bobbie ensured you were catered for.

We opted for the five course meal in the evening on the day we arrived. It was wonderful. We shared the dining table with another couple, who were also celebrating their wedding anniversary. They were regulars of Lorum, that's how much they love Lorum Old Rectory. A testament to Bobbie and the service she provides.

I look forward to returning to Lorum. And recommending it to anyone who will listen to me.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cristin L
Reviewed 6 October 2015

Lorum Old Rectory is a lovely old church rectory located in the country, a short distance from two towns and about 25 minutes from the small medieval town of Kilkenny. Bobbi Smith, the proprietor greeted us on arrival with tea and freshly made date bread which was only the beginning of the wonderful hospitality we enjoyed here. The rooms were large, very comfortable, included some wonderful antiques and were spotless. The breakfast was delicious and we regret that we didn’t stay longer and book dinner as well. I have already recommended Lorum Old Rectory to friends and have said that when I return I will plan to stay at least three nights. It is a wonderful spot with a wonderful and gracious proprietor. I highly recommend Lorum Old Rectory!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family