“Fun Concept... Good beer selection and sushi”
Review of Drake's Knoxville

Drake's Knoxville
Ranked #188 of 1,304 Restaurants in Knoxville
Description: A restaurant that loves beer and a bar that loves food. Over 20 craft beers on tap, big burgers and the freshest sushi in town. Your go-to for lunch, dinner and late-night, Drake’s is a free-wheeling, fun-loving kind of joint. A place to hang out and let your hair down. A place to let yourself go a little. Come play!
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

OK so first off it's basically all bar and high table seating for a bar atmosphere. It is also 'seat yourself' so you have to be comfortable with that. This seems to be a huge 'put-off' for some, but I really don't mind it. It's not a family restaurant so don't expect that type of atmosphere.
Burgers, Beer and Sushi seems a bit odd but they do it pretty all fairly well. For me, The sushi is the strong point but that may be personal bias. I can't comment much on the burger part as I have only shared the sliders and had the black bean burger one time. I usually opt for a couple of sushi rolls which are quite large and filling. I have tried most all of the tuna featured specialty rolls and have enjoyed them.
I am not a big fan of cooked sushi, but if you are a bit squeamish over eating raw fish there are cooked rolls, including one that has filet mignon and asparagus!

I am not a big fan of their crinkle cut fries as I am more of a straight fresh-cut fries guy, a la Five Guys. Tater tot's are simply not my thing either...so I can't really comment on them. (To me, they are simply little grease sponges.!)
They have a nice selection of about 20 to 25 beers on tap and several of them appear to rotate. Could use a few more dark beer options, but again that may be simply personal bias. They have a feature beer as well as a feature sushi roll that changes too.

I haven't been able to try the "table draft" yet as I have only been there with two or three people and usually one of them wasn't a big fan of beer.
Looking forward to trying it with a larger group as it is a fun concept.

It's very nice that there is a large patio and the entire place is open air seating when the weather is nice.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Very casual place with lots of beers to choose from, unless you like stouts and porters, then selection is limited.

Food is good, large portions.

Service was excellent.

Sit inside or out and choose between the two bars.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We went for lunch on a Saturday, which is a huge mistake for people who do not like extremely crowded venues. Seating is a "seat yourself" situation, which can be crazy when they are busy...which may be the entire time that they open, because they have very friendly good service and great food. My wife had hamburger sliders, and I got sushi, (yes sushi). We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and service. A manager stopped by and chatted and offered some helpful information, which is always a nice touch. I would have given them an "excellent" rating if they offered a better organized seating situation. We tried them on a Thursday at 7PM a month later, and people were standing outside and there were no open parking spaces, so we are not the only ones who think Drake's is worth going to.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

I have been twice now both times the food and the service was great. I had the sushi which in my opinion was better than Nama"s. Burger are good and go figure A good Fried Baloney sandwich . I will be going back !!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Went for an early dinner with friends and had a good time. The menu offers pub fare kicked up with some sushi options. Maybe it was the company, maybe it was the friendly service, but whatever elements came into play, we left happy. Food was good, drinks were honest--I will be back and will look for other locations to try out when I'm traveling. I would guess that it could be kind of noisy on a busy night; however, that's the kind of place it is and doesn't pretend otherwise. And I'm okay with that!

Been to Drake's Knoxville? Share your experiences!