“Just passing through”

Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Just passing through”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Passing through on our way up North and was happy with our decision to stay here. The rooms were clean and hotel was well maintained. Will stay here again

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month, as I needed to take an important test at a nearby testing facility the following morning. However, I was placed in a room next to a high school athletic team, which was very annoying until about 11:30 p.m. When I initially made my way to my room, the security guard asked me where my room was located, and "directed" me there, as if the place was some sort of prison camp! After I made my way down the hallway, I became aware of a peculiar white man in his 30s who seemed to be following me or trying to determine which room was mine; soon thereafter, it became clearer in my mind the reason behind the extra security.

The room was ok - - not great, not bad. It appeared as though it had been remodeled about twelve or fifteen or so years ago, and that the room started showing minor wear-and-tear issues, such as blinds that were torn, a loose covering ring around the safety handle in the shower, minor dents in some of the furniture, ect. The bed seemed to be fine, and the room was clean.

However, the breakfast the next morning was not the best. The potatoes were mashy frozen "Great Value" quality that were probably not cooked at a high enough temperature, which made them taste that way (kind of like great-grandma's french fries). It was a breakfast that one might not entirely refuse if one were very hungry, but it was by no means flavorful or tasty. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I probably would have gone to a restaurant to eat. Even though the food is complementary, they really do need to reevaluate the quality of food they are serving to their guests.

I did not use the gym, although I heard that there was one available. The room had a decent LG flat screen television.

The area was generally seedy, and parts of the surroundings look as though they had seen better times, perhaps ten or fifteen years ago. It does not look like the kind of general area where one would find an executive (Executive Park it is not!), unless it happened to be Ken Lay or Bernie Madoff - - post conviction!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SummaCumLaude35
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Interstate road traffic is loud here. Wonderful freindly people work here and the room is very clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel, not facing the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Stay here quite alot for work. Love the staff and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed February 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We did a quick overnight here with our grandkids. Our room was fine, and the free wi-fi was appreciated. Our room was quiet, exceptionally clean, and very comfortable. I think our bathroom was the most spotless I've ever seen in a roadside motel.

We did not use the pool, or any other amenities. We did eat breakfast, towards the end of the daily service (about 45 minutes to go). The gentlemen in charge of customer service there (Joseph) was wonderful, with hustle, thoughtfulness, and grace as he dealt with a lot of customers. Even tho the service was wrapping up, he was very fast to replace items that were running out.

We were very disappointed in the quality of the food, however. Our eggs were only lukewarm, and had the flavor of some sort of reconstituted style. The gravy I had with biscuits seemed similarly "canned". The only highlight was the make it yourself waffles, but you need about 2 more machines to deal with the crowds in a reasonable time.

I did encounter the hotel manager (to compliment Joseph), and I was made to feel welcome to bring her feedback. That is a great sign. One thing I failed to share with her was that the evening desk clerk was poorly informed about the area (not her fault, but it should be addressed).

All and all a lovely stay, and we'll be pleased to stop there again when in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms all seemed to have a similar view. The hotel is not terribly close to other buildings, so...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family