“Again here we go”

Ranked #36 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Again here we go”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I was in the Knoxville area again for work and after the wonderful experience I had here before, I stayed again. Rebecca checked me in and put a smile on my face which was a good thing because I had a rough day at work. She was able to upgrade my reservation to a jacuzzi suite for only a few more dollars which I think everyone should do. My room was clean and all of the staff was really nice. Again I went to the restaurant/bar next door and really liked the fact that I could walk to it. This hotel is in a good location and I will continue to stay here when I am working on this side of the Knoxville area.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Jacuzzi room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank 247HardWorker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Norton, Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Pros: The Jacuzzi Room is only $15-20 more than a regular room. If you can afford the upgrade do it. Room had a nice flat screen TV, a great and comfy king bed, a nice bathroom, free wifi, free parking, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, and that awesome jacuzzi. We had room 106 which is on the first floor right off the lobby and breakfast area. It was surprisingly quiet, even since the hotel was full or almost full. The pool was also just a few feet away.
If you have AAA you can save almost $10 off the Expedia or hotel rate, which makes booking through the hotel cheaper. Plenty of parking and you can walk to Puleo's grille, which is a really nice and very yummy restaurant. The cookies in the lobby were a nice touch. Also, our friend said the workout room (on 2nd floor) was very nice and had the machine he wanted.

Cons: 1. THE PILLOWS- we knew about the horrible pillows because my husband had stayed at this hotel a few months ago and we brought our own this time, which saved the trip because we could actually go to sleep. The pillows on the bed are folded into basketball shapes so they look pretty, but when you unfold them, they are flat- like pancakes.
2. No hot tub
3. Pool is shallow and smallish. It echoes in the pool area which might be annoying if there are screaming kids
4. I am a breakfast person and nothing on the free breakfast looked appetizing- I skipped it, which is very rare for me
5. The room seems narrower than other comfort suites hotels I've stayed- don't know if this is because of the jacuzzi or the king bed or this particular hotel.
6. The maid left a "tip envelope" with her name on it. Seems slightly tacky, especially because it was wrinkled and seemed like it had been there awhile.
7. Our friend stayed on the 2nd floor and said the elevator was very slow.

It is not really a con, but I left a 4/5 on service because I attempted to make a phone reservation and was quoted a price higher than our friend because he was given the AAA rate. When I realized I was being quoted the higher price, I thanked the GM (who I believe I was talking to) and hung up and had my friend make the room reservation for me at the cheaper rate. When we arrived at the hotel to check-in, the lady I had spoken to on the phone was there [Carla, I believe] and she commented on how she would have given me the lower rate if she understood what was going on and if I hadn't hung up so quickly. Unfortunately, she had a tone about it, like I had been rude by having someone else call and make the reservation for me at a lower rate. There were other staff present and other people coming to check-in. I felt it was very odd and a little uncomfortable for me for her to bring this up. We still booked at her hotel and she didn't seem like she was going to give me the cheaper rate on the phone. In fact, when I told her my friend had just booked at a cheaper rate, her response was "well, he must have had AAA". This meant to me that she wasn't going to give me the cheaper rate because I didn't have AAA which is why I hung up, after I thanked her for her time. Then to confront me about it at check-in and acting like she would have given me the cheaper rate..... like I said, odd. The rest of the staff we met and talked to seemed great, as did she other than the somewhat uncomfortable comment.

NOTE: The bugs shown by other TA reviewers that are brown with a "shield" like shape on their backs are called stink bugs. Basically because if you kill them or dispose of them, they reek horribly. They are very common in NE Tenn and SW Virginia. They do not bite people. Don't let them be the reason you don't stay here. It is a good hotel, in a convenient location for a reasonable price when compared to the hotels around it. I didn't see a single one during our stay.

Room Tip: Try to be on the first floor to avoid a slow elevator. Upgrade to a jacuzzi suite for a little splu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank asidoti
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Discover Sweet , Comfort Suite, SOoooo Comfortable, SOooooo Sweet.
So sweet I stayed a day longer just to enjoy...
From the moment I call the property to see if a room was available till this very moment I love this Comfort Suites in Knoxville Tennessee.
The rooms are large, clean, comfortable, how many words can I come up with?
I may not be the begin all or end all in references but this place you've got to experience to appreciate. You will not regret it.

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw are gigantic, high ceilings, clean and beautifully appointed..
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ray S
Villa Rica
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This was an excellent hotel and all the surroundings were exceptional. Brian, was who I checked in with and he was excellent to deal with and I certainly will stay at this hotel when
in the area. Be sure to eat at the Pulcos Grille which is next to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mojoVillaRicaGa
Whitefish, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here because the intersate was closed and I was pleasantly surprised how nice it was. The room was very nicely decorated and a great price. The breakfast was great before continuing on our journey. I would stay again if ever back in Tennessee!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family