“Always dependable and delicious!”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #77 of 1,249 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My family and I have eaten at Chop House on Chapman Highway once a week for more than 10 years, and I can honestly say that we have never had a bad meal there! We ate there tonight, and Nathan gave us great service. The manager, Matt Extine, made us feel welcome and treated us like family. We are partial to the scrod (we love the light coating and dill caper sauce), but of course the steaks are wonderful, too. The coffee is always hot and fresh. The baked potatoes are always cooked to perfection. (I have been to nice restaurants where the potatoes are over or undercooked, but not here!). The bread is homemade and served warm. If you are looking for a reasonably-priced restaurant where the food is consistently good and served with a smile, you can’t do better than the Chop House on Chapman Highway!

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderfully complimentary review! We are so pleased that, after ten years of dining with us, you and your family still enjoy your dining experiences with us, from the food to the service, and we look forward to serving you all for the next ten years and beyond!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stopped for some lunch on the way to Seymour. Ordered the Chicken Parm and it was very good but definitely on the small side with a similar small amount of spaghetti. Unfortunately, if it wasn't for the table bread that was served, would have left hungry.... have eaten at several other locations and always great food & service... not sure what happened here...

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience, we're sorry to hear that your portions at this location weren't the size you have come to expect when dining with us, and if you wish to further discuss this, we invite you to call the restaurant and speak with the manager directly. We do hope you'll join us again and give us the chance to serve you a five-star meal.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We were there for the Thanksgiving week-end. The food was delicious and the portions huge. Best advice, make a reservation.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our menu, we're glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend dining experience with us, and we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Quiet, romantic, intimate, and the best mouth watering filet that literally melts in your mouth! Bottle of champagne good price, and the seasonings on the steaks is awesome! I had a filet and my husband a t bone - both of which we enjoyed every single bite! No need for a knife!!! My filet was cut with my fork, and I savored every bite!

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on our atmosphere and food, we're so glad you and your husband enjoyed your cuts, and we look forward to serving you both again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Chop House doesn't blow me away with their food, but you can count on them for a quality steak and prompt service. We dine here frequently, and while I believe they are satisfied with their business, I think they should expand to have more of a bar scene. I think it would do well, even though they're next to a liquor store, the only other competition they have is Ruby's across the street.

Thank you for your complimentary review, we're glad to hear you can count on us for reliable food and service, and appreciate your feedback on how we could better serve our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon!