“Awesome hommade pizza”

Little Joe's Pizza
Ranked #172 of 1,249 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Pizza was great and staff supper friendly. We did a Togo the pizza was ready and hot and I was thanked genuinely for my purchase! The pizza was wonderful too with fresh ingredients.

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

Although the restaurant interior is somewhat dated, we really enjoyed the pizza with Italian sausage. Service was very good. Crust was thin and crispy. Sausage was plentiful and tasty. Pricing was very reasonable. We will go again.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

Friendly people, great pizza! Best we've had in east TN. The sausage is a must try, fantastic! Prices very reasonable.

Reviewed 27 June 2015

Our search continues in our quest for a really top notch thin crust pizza here in East Tennessee. There are a plethora of mom and pop pizza parlors as well as larger chain operations but we haven’t found any pizzas that could compare to those we’ve sampled in Chicago, south Florida or upper New York State.

Laurie wasn’t affected by the interior of the Little Joe's, saying that it was OK…but I felt like I was in a cave…dark with low ceilings, etc. It didn’t help any that it was cloudy and rainy outside but the narrow windows do limit the light and to me that made the place feel small and confined.

The dining area was clean and the waitress was very accommodating and helpful. This restaurant has a lot of supporters which is supported by the fact that it’s been in business since 1974…that’s 41 years! In the restaurant business, that longevity is hard to duplicate…

One very nice touch is the fact that some breadsticks and a nice spaghetti sauce are automatically brought out to your table. We both really enjoyed the breadsticks and the ‘dipping’ sauce.

We ordered the 15” thin crust pizza with sausage, bacon and pepperoni. ($17.75) They sure didn't scrimp on the ingredients… Laurie thought that this was one of the best pizzas that we’ve had in East Tennessee…hands down! We couldn't finish it so she had a nice leftover lunch to look forward to.

I had two issues, both of which are personal preference related. Number one was that the crust was more like a cracker crust than it was like a traditional pizza crust. It did hold up well to the ingredients and the sauce, but it tasted like a saltine cracker to me. The second issue was that the bacon overpowered the other ingredients… This was definitely on us since we ordered it this way.

We will return to Little Joe’s Pizza. It was better than most in East Tennessee and we agreed that the next time we should just order our ‘standard’ Italian sausage and pepperoni pizza for a fair taste test. But again Laurie really loved this pizza! She even texted her sister in St. Louis & sent her photos of our meal!

1  Thank BigDaddyDave55138
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Migrating from Chicago to Knoxville, TN in 1991, I searched for a long time to find a place in Knoxville that knew how to make a decent pizza. Unfortunately, the pizza served at most so-called pizza restaurants here, especially the chain pizza places, was just awful. That was before I discovered Little Joe's Pizza in Farragut about 15 years ago. They make and serve the very best tasting real (thin crust) Chicago style pizza I've had since I left Chicago. They even cut it in squares instead of pie slices, just like the neighborhood pizzerias in Chicago. If you haven't tasted a Little Joe's pizza, you really don't know what you're missing.